New to Android, does this functionality exist?

bney0215

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just switched to a Note 2 from the HTC Trophy Windows Phone. One of the things I really liked with the windows phone is that while I was connected to Bluetooth or headphones, when a text came in, I would get the option to have it read to me, or ignore it, and then I could respond with my voice if I wanted to. Does this functionality exist on Android, or within the Note 2?

Thanks

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
It does. Probably in more than one area/app. The one I know of is the MotoSpeak App. If you have a compatible Moto bluetooth headset (Finiti, Command One and a few others) It will do exactly as you described above. Again, I'm sure there are other ways of accomplishing this task so I hope others chime in! Welcome to Android!
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T or VZW Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I use an application called Spoken Caller Name (paid version) that reads the name of who is calling me like Motorola phones do. There is an option to have texts read to you too but I have yet to try it with a Bluetooth headset.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The app built into our phones work fine. S-Voice will do it. Either double tap the home button or hold down the button on your BT headset until it beeps and say "read my text" or something similar. S-Voice will post to FB and do other things as well. Give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Easiest answer, turn on driving mode. Your calls will be announced and your notifications will be read. Replying back....just leave Google now up. Say Google, send message to ....

**For the record, I hate S-Voice. Google Now has proven time and time again to me that S-Voice really was trying too hard to be a Siri knock off.