Strange blue tint on stock browser

drdeath91

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
After the latest update I decided to play with the multi-window with the new available apps. I decided to try Chrome and the stock browser. When I dropped in the stock browser, my screen tinted an odd blueish color. When I closed it, the screen went back to normal. When I opened the browser by itself, the same thing happened. Has anybody seen this, or is there any solution?

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I just tried it, in the order that you said & I didn't have any discoloring.

Try restating the phone, sometimes that's all it needs to clear a bug.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Un check the change screen tone to save power, in display settings. Then reboot and you're set. You can also change your screen to a little more natural look by changing from standard to natural. In the display settings.

I didn't like it at first but now I feel it's the best and only way to run you're Note 2.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

drdeath91

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Tried all of those steps, and still get the same results. It has to be a bug in the latest update, I'm just surprised that I'm the only one seeing it. Luckily, it only happens on the stock browser, and I rarely use it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

bedhead hero

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have this same problem. I was browsing around and almost dropped the phone and when I got it sicure back in my hands it was blue in color. I have messed with every setting all but fact resetting the phone. Your not qlone out there lol

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this also. Screen turns blue whenever I bring up the browser. It does affect my viewing experience. It's a little more difficult to properly see the screen. I just got my note 2 last week.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure its the power saving mode ... You can turn it completely off or uncheck the 2nd and 3rd options in the list

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373383775692.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373383775692.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 32

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Yep that was it! I unchecked background color and it's fine now. Thanks!

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

duff24

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
None of this has helped me. When I change the brightness in the browser, it also changes the brightness for the whole phone! I haven't seen a good solution yet!

cptnpotato

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
The one thing that power saving mode fails to realize. On the GS3 and other galaxy devices, Samsung uses super AMOLED screens. And blue is the highest powered color. Making the screen a blue hue uses more power and causes burn in on the screen.