Best Weather App

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
What weather app are you guys (and women) using? And is it just me or has some of the weather apps out there been acting funny? Either not updating location or having lack of support. I have went through 5-7 different weather apps in the last week. I can't make up my mind on which one to stick with. If it's worth it, I'd be willing to pay for it. I had BeWeather Pro but that app hasn't been supported since March and it has issues providing updates on weather and location.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I was going to post similar question. I'm currently using 1weather because its widget is nice to look at.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
WeatherBug Elite. I don't purchase apps often, but I bought WeatherBug back when I probably had a Gingerbread device. It's accurate, consistently updated, and gives you by far and away the most information.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
what weather widget came with the phone? thats usually a good one

The default widget that came with the Galaxy Note 2 was powered by accuweather. That would work in the beginning but then I notice it wouldn't update my weather despite having the update interval set to one hour. It also didn't update the location either. After noticing that for a few days I decided to take it off my home screen.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
WeatherBug Elite. I don't purchase apps often, but I bought WeatherBug back when I probably had a Gingerbread device. It's accurate, consistently updated, and gives you by far and away the most information.

Do you know if WeatherBug Elite gets more supported than the free version of the app? I had downloaded the free version of the app but it would say thunderstorms despite it being sunny outside.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if WeatherBug Elite gets more supported than the free version of the app? I had downloaded the free version of the app but it would say thunderstorms despite it being sunny outside.

I'm not sure. I use the weather app so frequently that I didn't want to be bother with ads, so I went straight for the Elite version. Between the hourly and radar model, I've always experienced accurate weather reporting.

I suppose I would also recommend the official Weather Channel app? Seems unlikely there would be any discrepancies with their reporting.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I use the GS4 TW weather widget on my N2 home screen. I like it. I've heard the Yahoo weather app is excellent. I haven't tried it yet (soon).

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I use weatherbug elite and love it and it works and looks great and has been supported. Also a close second accuweather platinum is nice as well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Been using WeatherBug Elite for about a year across S3 and now Note2. I like the Spark feature for lightening tracking. The stock widget and the Accuweather app is right up there. I also have a home screen shortcut for my local area using Weatherunderground.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been using BeWeather Pro for about the last year and half on various devices (previous Thunderbolt, now Note 2, Note 10.1 tablet, and a Nexus 7). The only issue I've had with it is on the Note 2 where it sometimes doesn't reflect the current location weather. Not sure if it's an issue with the phone's location services or the app itself. Because as soon as I go into Google Maps and let it update the location, then go back into BeWeather and update its status, it immediately picks up the correct location. :confused:

Otherwise, I really like that BeWeather uses my favorite weather source: Weather Underground. It also has a lot of customization options. Prior to BeWeather, I used to use Beautiful Widgets, but dumped it after they started adding too many dubious permissions for my comfort level and also made too many app changes that caused a lot of issues that took more updates to fix.

Rodzp

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Been using WeatherBug Elite for a while but started with WeatherBug free. I have used about all of them and I see less battery drain with weatherbug

Last edited:

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been using BeWeather Pro for about the last year and half on various devices (previous Thunderbolt, now Note 2, Note 10.1 tablet, and a Nexus 7). The only issue I've had with it is on the Note 2 where it sometimes doesn't reflect the current location weather. Not sure if it's an issue with the phone's location services or the app itself. Because as soon as I go into Google Maps and let it update the location, then go back into BeWeather and update its status, it immediately picks up the correct location. :confused:

Otherwise, I really like that BeWeather uses my favorite weather source: Weather Underground. It also has a lot of customization options. Prior to BeWeather, I used to use Beautiful Widgets, but dumped it after they started adding too many dubious permissions for my comfort level and also made too many app changes that caused a lot of issues that took more updates to fix.

I was using beweather then it stopped updating. The app itself hasn't been updated in a while. I think the developer went back to updating the blackberry version of the app since blackberry 10 is available. That's my opinion of that app at this point.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I was using beweather then it stopped updating. The app itself hasn't been updated in a while. I think the developer went back to updating the blackberry version of the app since blackberry 10 is available. That's my opinion of that app at this point.

That could be, the app hasn't been updated since Feb. 13. Even so, it still works on all my devices. Have you tried removing the app widget and clearing app data, then add the widget back (and reconfigure app settings as needed)? If that doesn't work, try uninstalling/re-installing the app. One of those should get it working again.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
That could be, the app hasn't been updated since Feb. 13. Even so, it still works on all my devices. Have you tried removing the app widget and clearing app data, then add the widget back (and reconfigure app settings as needed)? If that doesn't work, try uninstalling/re-installing the app. One of those should get it working again.

Yeah I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times but with no success. I got to the point where I wasn't even using the widget just had it in my notification bar. Still no success.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non