Titanium Backup - Detach from Market not sticking

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have a problem with detaching an app from the market in Titanium Backup? While it works initially, at some point later in the day, the apps and their associated updates appear in the update section of the Market. What is causing the link to the Market to auto-repair itself and how do I prevent this?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering about this. Tried the same test as you but does not appear to work, at least not a first. Maybe later?

Alta Vista search showed that others are having similar issue or question.

The TB wiki mentions possibly a corrupt Store database file, but not clear if that's related to what you've observed. Titanium Backup Troubleshooting | Titanium Track

LordChilde

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Titanium’s “detach from Market” hasn’t worked for over a year simply because Google Play update is ahead of the game as far as the 'detach from Market' pedlars are concerned.

One method is to freeze Market Updater, uninstall the offending Google Play update, and then use Titanium’s ‘detach from Market’. … I haven’t tried it because I’m not too keen on the pre-update Market.

What annoys me is that 'detach from Market' is still an option in Titanium - it’s misleading and mis-selling. It would’ve been better if I threw the purchase price (not ‘donate’ as the dev euphemistically calls it) to a street-beggar, as it was my main reason for buying the damn thing in the first place.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty