is it worth going to 4.3?

sardar615

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I am still on 4.1.2, and haven't seen any reason to upgrade....can anyone let me know why I should do it? Let me know what you like about the upgrade....I appreciate it...

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Any update is always a plus. Not saying there is going to be a ton of user side visual additions but the under the hood tweaks and security patches, fixes with any update is always worth it!

Not to mention... Eventually one day your going to get sick of denying and ignoring that Update popup notification.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
If you think there is even the slightest chance that you may want to install a custom ROM, unlock your bootloader now or you won't be able to after taking the update.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I am still on 4.1.2, and haven't seen any reason to upgrade....can anyone let me know why I should do it? Let me know what you like about the upgrade....I appreciate it...

You know how I feel from the "Am I alone on 4.1.2" thread. :)

With that said, the only reason I could see to update would be if you need Galaxy Gear support. Otherwise, I'd root and freeze the OTA updater, call it a day and just enjoy using it as is. You're not missing anything from the update otherwise. Just a few security updates and bug fixes, nothing major.

For more of what's in the update, see Verizon's Note 2 software update page here (see the Benefits of Software Upgrade pdf): :)

Software Update: Galaxy Note® II by Samsung | Verizon Wireless