Not getting new keyboard.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both have a Note 2. I got the new keyboard with the colorful emoticons. But my wife did not.
I've rebooted her N2 several times and cleared the cache. I went to System Settings>Language and Input>Keyboards and input methods. I copied everything on my N2 but she still doesn't have the new keyboard.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Is there a software update that maybe only one phone got?

Did you ever download another keyboard on another device that was automatically installed to this device through Google backup?

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do both phones have the exact same system version? Look in Settings/About Device.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Do both phones have the exact same system version? Look in Settings/About Device.

Model Number, Android Version, Baseband Version, Kernal Version, Build Number and SE for Android Status are both the same. My Hardware Version is I605.06 and hers is I605.07.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you both get the phones from the same wireless provider? Different providers can have slightly different versions of the same phone, which don't get exactly the same system updates.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I thought my keyboard wasn't providing the emoji option at first. I then realized that it only appears when in a text input area such as the body of an email. When in the address area of the email that option doesn't appear.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you both get the phones from the same wireless provider? Different providers can have slightly different versions of the same phone, which don't get exactly the same system updates.

Same Verizon Store.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I thought my keyboard wasn't providing the emoji option at first. I then realized that it only appears when in a text input area such as the body of an email. When in the address area of the email that option doesn't appear.

I'm checking it in Text Message. I have both phones side by side. Mine has it, her's doesn't.
Strange.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Solution: She cleared out her old text messages and the new keyboard showed up.
Thank you Android Central members.