[Guide] Root/Unroot/Recovery/Unlock Bootloader for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

callahanium

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root/Recovery/Unlock Bootloader for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

HELP!!!

I just finished step 7 and realized that I had no idea where my sd card was. I was going to go to the store and buy a new one but in the meantime my phone kept on repeatedly rebooting. It would turn on, the Samsung Galaxy S3 logo would show, then restart, etc etc etc. No matter what I did, the phone would not just stay off. I did not want to leave it on and drain the battery as I drove to the store to get a new sd card. Finally, I took out the battery and then put it back in. The phone did not try to automatically restart so I went and got the card. After I got home, I tried turning it on again....nothing happened. No matter what buttons or combination thereof I push, nothing is happening!! The battery was charged when I started the steps and I let it sit , plugged into the wall for an hour, just to be sure. I have taken the battery out for a number of minutes and put it back in. When I put it back in, a battery logo flashes on the screen but then disappears and its unresponsive again. Can anyone please help me with this before I commit a felony?

callahanium

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root/Recovery/Unlock Bootloader for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

Ok, so I lurked more and found out that if I took battery out for few seconds, put it back in and IMMEDIATELY turned it on into dl mode it should work, and it did. However, it begs the question, is there a way to get files (zip files in particular) onto the phone via usb rather than using am SD card?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Ok, so I lurked more and found out that if I took battery out for few seconds, put it back in and IMMEDIATELY turned it on into dl mode it should work, and it did. However, it begs the question, is there a way to get files (zip files in particular) onto the phone via usb rather than using am SD card?
Yes... PC, just use the USB cable from phone to computer. Phone should have usb debugging enabled in the settings and just navigate to your computers hard drive/C: and the phone should be listed as a media device to where you can drag and drop files into the folders.

For a Mac, you can use an app like Kies or Airdrop to transfer files.

You don't need a physical sd card. Your phones internal storage is called "sd card" and thats what they're referring to when saying "put the file on your sd card".... unless it says 'external' sd card.

You can also just download the needed files straight from your phones browser.

callahanium

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I know that...I meant when one is in the middle of the recovery process, the one in which my phone became unresponsive, as described in my immediately previous post to that. While going through these steps, the phone will only boot into download or recovery mode so if the files weren't previously placed on the internal SD card it appeared as if you were screwed.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

I know that...I meant when one is in the middle of the recovery process, the one in which my phone became unresponsive, as described in my immediately previous post to that. While going through these steps, the phone will only boot into download or recovery mode so if the files weren't previously placed on the internal SD card it appeared as if you were screwed.
Yes, that's true. You would need a computer with an sd card reader or you can buy external ones I believe for about $15. Pop the sd card out of the phone and into the reader.. transfer your files.. and pop it back into the phone. Ive had to do this myself on a previous phone.

annarbor

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have rooted a couple of my previous smartphones (Fascinate, Thunderbolt), but I am repeatedly running into a problem while trying to root my S3. I have verified the installation of the Samsung drivers, but when I begin the rooting process, I constantly get, 'adb is not recognized as an internal or external command...' I have made sure that everything is properly checked on the phone, but every single root method I try results in this error message. Any help would be appreciated. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, and Happy Thanksgiving.

mrshickadance9

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I used the Casual tool on my Mac to try to root the phone, and my phone doesn't appear to be rooted (used root checker basic to confirm). Can anyone help with this? Please see the screenshot

y6dBC.jpg

Does anyone know what I should do about this?

thermonuclearcrow

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

unable to unlock bootloader of verizon sch-i535 .tried ez unlock app and says unlocked but when i insert a tmobile sim it says not a verizon sim.
hope somebody can advise.

thanks!

mehlord

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

Thanks for the great guide!

I used Method 2 and ran into a few problems that I thought I would share. First of all, the drivers did not install properly, I had to uninstall the Samsung drivers, make sure my phone was unplugged from PC, then install. Next, I used RootDebugFS, everything went swimmingly and according to the tool my phone had been given root access, however, no programs were run and I could not verify access, nor run EZ Unlocker. It would just freeze and I'd eventually have to force close it, I'm assuming because I had not received root access yet. (this may be @mfancy3's problem.) So instead, I started the process all over again, but this time used SuperSU RootDebugFS.

After running through the whole process again, things have been working like a charm. Currently using Titanium backup to keep all my goodies safe before flashing with ROMS and customizing. Thanks again!

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Having a little issue.... rooted my phone last night using the second option and everything went smoothly, however after all said and done my phone updated to jellybean now I can't get into ez unlock it just freezes and the one time it did I tried to unlock it again and this time it said I unable are you rooted

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Having a little issue.... rooted my phone last night using the second option and everything went smoothly, however after all said and done my phone updated to jellybean now I can't get into ez unlock it just freezes and the one time it did I tried to unlock it again and this time it said I unable are you rooted? Ez recovery won't restart into recovery either what do I do know? My phone is now vrablk something

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Schiaboner

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i53

Help please! I'm using method 3 and after all was said and done my phone is soft bricked. I can get into odin mode and the new recovery mode, but my phone won't restart. After the samsung logo it is stuck on a black screen with the flashing blue LED light.

Edit: Nvm I just flashed the stock ROM via odin, got stuck in a bootloop, turned my phone off, put it into recovery and did a factory reset. Now everything is ok.

Last edited:

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i53

That's the only link available at the moment... straight from xda. Make sure you're on the right page for the download and not on one of the advertisement downloads hosted by MegaShare.

Your screen should look like this:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32290&stc=1&d=1343238107

Here's the direct link from MegaShare: Cloud Storage From Just Cloud. Free Online Storage

Also.. the file 7z is an archive (compressed) file, like .ZIP or .RAR; with similar and in many cases better compression... you will need to extract it first with this program: 7-Zip

all I see when i click the link to "mega Share" I end up looking at that dumb ass Cloud.. If i wanted a cloud, I'll ask for it. either way my hopes that I might finally be somewhere that the 7Zip wouldnt be in the way. sorry if i Seem disgruntled, and I am sure of what yer doing but the url's are all screwed up with junky 7Zip or a cloud amd the file is no where in sight.

Dylan Tate

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S III (SCH-i53

hey i downloaded cm10 on clockwork mod as a rom and my phone says take it to verizon cand someone help

Grard61

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S III (SCH-i53

My phone was bricked and I did the unrooting process using Odin but when I reboot my phone it gets stuck on the 4G LTE start up screen. Is there anything I can do about this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty