Phone Stuck in Roaming

schnyd

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
HI everyone. I've been trying to figure this one out all day. I updated to Cyanogenmod 10.1 from 10 and since the upgrade I've lost my net work. My service bars are there with the roaming notification. I can't make calls or connect to data. I've done the following to try to fix:

• Restored from backup
  • flashed different radios
  • Odin restore to stock (Jellybean)
  • Odin restore to original stock
  • Rerooted
  • Unlocked bootloader
  • Flashed cyanogenmod

After all this I have gotten no where so I must ask for advise. Along with flashing I've done complete factory resets as well. Any thoughts? Thanks

singletrack7

May 2, 2010
Visit site
i had the same problem going to CM10.1.. couldn't get my phone out of roaming..i worked on it for hours and couldn't get my service back.. interesting to see someone else with the same problem coming off CM10.1.. good luck!!

schnyd

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I've also repaired my IMEI and ERI. Now instead of a little R I get a roaming triangle. Still not working.

singletrack7

May 2, 2010
Visit site
i finally gave up.. i reset the flash counter and restored to stock and brought it back to verizon.. they worked on it for a couple of hours and couldn't figure it out either.. luckily they replace it for me under warranty.. (returned to stock)

kwc0055

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me yesterday I wish I could have seen this sooner. What you have to do is Oden it back to ics then type *2767*3855# and it Will reset everything back to normal. Works without fail.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Rob Lee

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Verizon GS3 running cm10 with this same issue - phone Is stuck roaming. Strangely, it didn't happen during a flash - I shut it off while it was on airplane mode and when it came back on I was in roaming. I have since flashed back to stock and reprovisioned, but no dice. Edit - imei and phone number and both still intact.

nursesusan

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
Is there anywhere I can find detailed instructions on how to do this? I don't want to buy another phone but this sounds exactly what has happened to me.