Big Trouble!

chiadrum

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Followed the steps in the sticky to flash the phone back to stock since trying to root failed and seemed to mess up Nav.
I used the Odin with PC method and everything worked exactly as in the video only when the phone was supposed to reboot it just stays permanently on the 4G LTE screen with the flashing rainbow.
This is very bad.I have rooted many times before on other devices no issues.This is a work phone!!!I will never attempt to root another work device again for sure.
If I plug the phone into the PC now I get nothing.
Now what?I'm sure some of the experts out there no what to do in this situation.
Please help!

chiadrum

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't be worried about rooting, it's pretty simple

OK got a little hysterical there but for folks out there just getting S3's-as I suspected the OTA that automatically downloads when you activate the S3 is what hoses this process.I followed step 2 to the letter BEFORE that OTA bullcrap had a chance to run and it was smooth and simple.I am now rooted and at some point will flash a custom ROM.
When the OTA comes up you can schedule it to update-I did,for tonight but since I am already rooted I imagine I should have no problems.
As mentioned in a previous post the OTA installed while I was driving.I got home,tried to follow this and I had Superuser but couldn't unlock or install recovery.That OTA locked stuff up.
Really,why do the carriers devote so much time and effort to stopping folks who want to root?What does it matter as long as the bill gets paid?I don't get it.
Anyhow-hopefully some folks learn from my mistakes.

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
OK got a little hysterical there but for folks out there just getting S3's-as I suspected the OTA that automatically downloads when you activate the S3 is what hoses this process.I followed step 2 to the letter BEFORE that OTA bullcrap had a chance to run and it was smooth and simple.I am now rooted and at some point will flash a custom ROM.
When the OTA comes up you can schedule it to update-I did,for tonight but since I am already rooted I imagine I should have no problems.
As mentioned in a previous post the OTA installed while I was driving.I got home,tried to follow this and I had Superuser but couldn't unlock or install recovery.That OTA locked stuff up.
Really,why do the carriers devote so much time and effort to stopping folks who want to root?What does it matter as long as the bill gets paid?I don't get it.
Anyhow-hopefully some folks learn from my mistakes.

Custom rom man, screw the carriers!

Sent from my wonderful completely customized galaxy s3 running CyanogenMod 10.1.2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty