How to silence the boot sounds.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I found an old app called Silent Boot in the Play store. It is free and mutes all of the startup sounds on the SIII. The downside is that it doesn't mute the power off sound. Hopefully someone will find a fix for that, but at least we can turn our phones on without everyone in a three state area having to hear it. This is for unrooted devices, so no root is necessary.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
thanks, was looking for a way to do this. i can't fathom of a reason why you MUST have a boot sound that cannot be silenced from the factory settings.

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Copied from my other post answering this topic: (requires root)
--------------------
This is easy to do if your phone is rooted, and requires no modification to any boot animation or anything.

Open a root explorer, go to /system/media/audio/ui.

Rename the following two files as shown below (not mandatory for the names to match mine, they are just for example)

PowerOn.ogg -> PowerOn.ogg.disabled
PowerOff.ogg -> PowerOff.ogg.disabled

From here, you can also get rid of camera and other annoying sounds from the phones UI.

Hope this helps answer your question, but there is no non-root method that guarantees silence.
--------------------

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
thanks, was looking for a way to do this. i can't fathom of a reason why you MUST have a boot sound that cannot be silenced from the factory settings.

exactly. another stupid and simple thing that where app is needed instead of being integrated. lame.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You can also just press the pad of your finger firmly over the speaker while it is going. Pretty much cuts the audio.

-Suntan

kloos

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've silenced the "system volume." No more boot sounds or audible low battery warning. And I use tasker to silence the camera shutter sound. Handy.

Samgilmore

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I found an old app called Silent Boot in the Play store. It is free and mutes all of the startup sounds on the SIII. The downside is that it doesn't mute the power off sound. Hopefully someone will find a fix for that, but at least we can turn our phones on without everyone in a three state area having to hear it. This is for unrooted devices, so no root is necessary.
This is easy go to system and sounds then to volume last bar line is system just turn it down and no more startup sound.

Jake Bluesman

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I've silenced the "system volume." No more boot sounds or audible low battery warning. And I use tasker to silence the camera shutter sound. Handy.

Thanks...your answer is the easiest solution, works like a charm and seems like it should be common sense...it is now! lol :)

T Patrick Culp1

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
In a classroom when your phone is supposed to be OFF. So you try to turn it off and it is already off in that case it will boot and the boot sound is not silenceable. Everyone in the class is disrupted.
Never the less the primary reason we ask is because we want it to be silenced which is reason enough for me.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19