How do we get Android to remove the lastest update?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Galaxy s21 Ultra. The newest system update installed a few days ago and frankly, it SUCKS! So far it has caused nothing but headaches for me. My screen does turn on when I get messages anymore, I can't figure out how to change specific notification sounds (everything has the same sound right now), my phone is making random sounds that I cannot figure out where or why they are coming, the new drop down notification menu looks like we are back in 2003 (hate it) and from what I can figure out, they are moving more toward how an IPhone functions. Stop!!! If we die hard Android loves wanted our phones to function like an IPhone, then we would get an IPhone. My husband and son have and love IPhone and have tried for years to get me to switch but I cannot function on them. I like the way Android is set up. Please don't change it and go back! I feel like I am 70 years old and getting my first smart phone.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
ANDROID won't remove the latest update. Samsung would be the entity you'd go to, especially your complaints about the interface as Samsung makes changes to the stock interface.

You might be able to fix some of your visual concerns using an app called 'good lock' that Samsung produces. The notification sounds concern is just something you'll need to play with to get it set up the way you want. Some apps make you se the sound within the app.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung has lot of settings for notification, try clearing cache in recovery and apps that not giving notification try uninstall and reinstall if those steps don't work then can try others .