App for adjusting screen brightness.

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
That looks interesting. It adds an invisible slide adjustment to the top of the screen? I've been using Lux free to tune the auto brightness to my liking. It's working great for my needs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting that-having to navigate to the settings to adjust the brightness was very annoying. Samsung put a similar ability to adjust the brightness using the notification bar in the Droid Charge and I was shocked to see it wasn't in the GS3.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Good find. When I had the Fascinate, Samsung released an update that had a similar feature by swiping along the notification bar. Not sure why they removed it as auto-brightness has always been quirky.

dcs3473

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
So far the best app I have ever used for adjusting screen brightness and saving your battery would be LUX. It is in the Market for free but the paid options are far worth it.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong with Lux. I'm sitting in a room where the light is static but my screen is adjusting the brightness up and down every 10 seconds or so. It's pretty annoying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

crabbz

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I must be doing something wrong with Lux. I'm sitting in a room where the light is static but my screen is adjusting the brightness up and down every 10 seconds or so. It's pretty annoying.

Do you have jitter control turned on in the general settings? You could also try a different Automatic mode and see if it helps.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Do you have jitter control turned on in the general settings? You could also try a different Automatic mode and see if it helps.

Yeah, it was weird. I had the setting that wouldn't change if it was less than 5% and tried the three different settings under automatic mode if I remember correctly. Not sure what the issue was but the stock auto brightness surprisingly works better for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana