Lanyard Attachment

Destination Moon

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I made a simple lanyard attachment. Figured id share it here in case any one else is a fumble fingers like me. Simple idea that has stopped me from dropping my last couple phones on several occasions. Not pretty from the back but that's not a big deal to me.

zoomis

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not pretty but very clever. When it comes to a $500 device, safety first is an excellent mantra. Nice work

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Just stumbled on this thread because I'm considering an S3, but the lack of lanyard attachment point is a concern for me. So I've been googling for cases with attachment points and other solutions.

I had actually been wondering if I could attach the filament from a lanyard to a small plastic paperclip type thing or a very small washer etc and put that inside of the actual S3 case not the add on case. My thinking being that the actual case is probably more secure than the add on case (at least, that's the case (ha) with my Epic), whereas I was concerned that an ad on case might not snap on as securely, and attaching to that might make it more likely to pop off if there was some tension applied, as in a fall. That's also my concern about the cases with the built-in holes. Or maybe since my Epic uses a 2 piece case because of the sliding keyboard, that wouldn't be a problem with an S3 case?

I don't have a phone to check, and I'm betting Sprint is going to let me disassemble their display model to try! Can anyone tell me if this would fit? Would the back cover still snap over the thread? And would using a metal paperclip be a problem?

FWIW, I'm not planning on using the lanyard around my neck or to carry it with. I just like the idea of it as a backup; I actually have a little plastic coiled wrist strap with a clip on the end that I attach to my purse for security when my phone is in an outside pocket.

Thanks for any input.