Screen turns on when moved

SRTie4k

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, newb here. I just recently got the Verizon Galaxy S3, and I've noticed one very annoying feature that I cannot seem to fix. Whenever my phone is plugged in to a power source and laying on my bed-side table face down, as soon as I move it it wakes itself up and the screen turns on. This seems like a very pointless feature to me, especially considering I don't want to wake my wife up to a bright light in the room if I get up at night and grab my phone.

I've tried turning off all motion options, but this didn't fix it. Not exactly sure what other options to look at to fix it.

Any ideas?

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Go into Settings ->Security -> Lock screen options then scroll towards the bottom and see if "Wake up in lock screen" is checked. If it is, uncheck it and see if that fixes it.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Also, if that does not fix it, you may have a defective charger and causing an intermittent connection when you are moving the phone. The phone maybe sensing that you unplugged the charger then plugged it in again once the connection was restored. The phone's screen always powers on when you initially plug it into charge.

SRTie4k

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Go into Settings ->Security -> Lock screen options then scroll towards the bottom and see if "Wake up in lock screen" is checked. If it is, uncheck it and see if that fixes it.

It is not checked.

Also, if that does not fix it, you may have a defective charger and causing an intermittent connection when you are moving the phone. The phone maybe sensing that you unplugged the charger then plugged it in again once the connection was restored. The phone's screen always powers on when you initially plug it into charge.

I've checked that already, and whenever I move my phone and it wakes up it still says its charging. However, I'll try changing to the charger that came with the phone and see if it still does it.

Just out of curiosity, does this happen to anyone else?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't happen to me.

If all your motions are turned off (especially the one about Smart Alerts), then I don't know. Are you using a different launcher or lockscreen app that might do that?

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't happen on my phone either. If it only happens when it is plugged in then I would suspect there is a problem with the charger.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine does this too. Annoying.

*edit mine was the charger being a tiny bit loose, can't duplicate on my wife's side of the bed.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87