Shrinking wallpapers to one screen

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I hope there is a way to do this. I want to fit this picture into my lock and home screens. I don't want it spread out over all screens. This first pic shows how far it will allow me to change it. The second is how it shows up. I just want my picture reduced to show all my kids on one side screen. Hope this makes sense and hope it can be done. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I hope there is a way to do this. I want to fit this picture into my lock and home screens. I don't want it spread out over all screens. This first pic shows how far it will allow me to change it. The second is how it shows up. I just want my picture reduced to show all my kids on one side screen. Hope this makes sense and hope it can be done. Thanks!

Download "QuickPic" from playstore. When choosing what to use for selecting wallpaper, select QuickPic wallpaper. Select photo from gallery, enjoy.
46c204a5-5e24-7377.jpg

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Wizardii will also do this. Haven't played with it much but there's a few options for editing a pic to your liking.

breeze

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to do what you want with that picture. You need a picture with the ratio of 720 wide by 1280 tall and there is no way all three kids will fit based on the picture that you have. The best you could do is edit the picture to enlarge the canvas (add blank space to the top and bottom) of the picture and crop to 720 wide by 1280 tall similar to what I did with your attached picture. Ignore the blue rectangle. The added space can be any color that you want.

Other than that you could use a launcher that allows scrolling wallpaper. You would not have all kids on one screen, but could probably fit them on the 5 or so that you may have.

Last edited:
Reactions: bgl321

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to do what you want with that picture. You need a picture with the ratio of 720 wide by 1280 tall and there is no way all three kids will fit based on the picture that you have. The best you could do is edit the picture to enlarge the canvas (add blank space to the top and bottom) of the picture and crop to 720 wide by 1280 tall similar to what I did with your attached picture. Ignore the blue rectangle. The added space can be any color that you want.

Other than that you could use a launcher that allows scrolling wallpaper. You would not have all kids on one screen, but could probably fit them on the 5 or so that you may have.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Download "QuickPic" from playstore. When choosing what to use for selecting wallpaper, select QuickPic wallpaper. Select photo from gallery, enjoy.

I have Quick pic and that doesn't work. Will try what Brees mentioned. Just should be easier than this.

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Reducing the size of the picture worked. Had to edit it on my desktop. It's amazing that with all the technology that you can't make the picture you take with your phone fit on the phones screen. Anyway, thanks again!

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Reducing the size of the picture worked. Had to edit it on my desktop. It's amazing that with all the technology that you can't make the picture you take with your phone fit on the phones screen. Anyway, thanks again!

To be honest, never had this issue with my DROID Eris, Incredible, or Incredible 2. First time I ever had an issue was on my S3

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, never had this issue with my DROID Eris, Incredible, or Incredible 2. First time I ever had an issue was on my S3

I think it's either a Samsung TouchWiz thing or an ICS thing. AFAIK none of those phones have ICS, and neither did my DX. It was a disappointing surprise to me, too.

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have finally found an app that compresses your pictures to fit onto your home screen... allowing you to actually see the whole picture with out scrolling. The app is Wallpaper Wizardrii. I turn the scrolling off within my launcher settings then within Wizardrii select "no scroll" and "stretch to portrait".

pikkamusic

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Strange - my problem is the opposite. I can't get any picture to scroll accross the homescreens on my Samsung Galaxy Note. No matter what app I use, I can only crop a pic to fit one screen and it stays the same when moving across all home screens.

I have an AT&T Galaxy Note with ICS. Maybe an update to ICS is your answer.

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Strange - my problem is the opposite. I can't get any picture to scroll accross the homescreens on my Samsung Galaxy Note. No matter what app I use, I can only crop a pic to fit one screen and it stays the same when moving across all home screens.

I have an AT&T Galaxy Note with ICS. Maybe an update to ICS is your answer.

Download picspeed

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyle24