Take pics from video

billybaldin

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok so maybe its already out there. Maybe not. I have tried looking and probably just looking for wrong keywords. I have the Galaxy S3 and I am looking for an app that will help me take pictures from video like the HTC X one. I have tried doing it with the hand swipe and the home/sleep button. but there seems to be like a lag. and trying to take multiple photos is just as hard. So just a simple camera app that adds a button to the video or something.. Thanks

Billy

Liljoepr

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
When you start recording a video a camera icon appears that lets you take pictures at the same time. If you don't have that icon when you press record make sure you don't have "anti-shake" turned ON. You have to turn it off if you wanna take pictures when recording a video.

-J

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
There is always the option of pausing the video where you want to take the picture(s) and screen cap it by swiping your palm to the left of the screen

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
As the previous poster mentioned, you can just use the screen capture capabilities, and pause the video at whatever spot you're wanting. Or you can look through the Google Play Store at the > 1,000 apps that turn up if you search for 'video editing' - I'm sure you'll find one that'll allow you to save a single frame as a picture. Here's just one example: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e/apps/details?id=com.androvid&token=o34pdIar

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

srstark6111

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Liljoepr, Thanks for the tip about capturing stills in the Android video capture app. I never would have never figured out the part about 'anti-shake' needing to be off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38