Samsung Galaxy S3 Owners - Tell Us Why You Are Upgrading To The Galaxy Note II .

stoneyjonez

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Multi task is dual windows doing more than one task at a time which you can NOT do on the GS3. With or without JB.

This is just a software feature. There is nothing preventing anyone from putting the same software on the GS3 (which is almost sure to happen anyway). I buy devices based on hardware, not the software which can always change or be switched by the user at any time. There's nothing special about the Note2 that gives it capabilities to do this vs doing it on the GS3. You don't need a quad core CPU to show two windows at once. If you have the option to switch without penalty or restocking fees of any kind, go for it. Otherwise it is not worth switching, especially with the lower pixel density on the Note2.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
This is just a software feature. There is nothing preventing anyone from putting the same software on the GS3 (which is almost sure to happen anyway). I buy devices based on hardware, not the software which can always change or be switched by the user at any time. There's nothing special about the Note2 that gives it capabilities to do this vs doing it on the GS3. You don't need a quad core CPU to show two windows at once. If you have the option to switch without penalty or restocking fees of any kind, go for it. Otherwise it is not worth switching, especially with the lower pixel density on the Note2.

You must not know much about pixel density with these smaller screens. My Asus Infinity has 1080p hd screen with 224 ppi. The nicest screen I have seen on an Android device. I have watched reviews claiming the Note 2 screen being nicer than the GS3 screen that has 30 ppi more than the Note 2.

If you buy devices based on hardware than your post is contradictory. You should be all over this. The Notes hardware specs kill the GS3 specs.

There is a few reasons why the Note 2 multitask capability's are more special. For one its not just about showing two windows at once. It's about functionality and processes all going at the same time without locking up or lag. You may not need a quad core but I would prefer the quad core to do this. Main thing is the screen real estate, you won't have to root it to have this option if anyone actually builds this into a rom. With the s pen functionality built in to the Note 2 software I doubt you will see a functioning multi task dual window feature built into a GS3 rom. It surely won't be added into any OTA updates.

I buy devices based on hardware and the ability to handle the software. Guess what, I wont have to change or switch the software on mine. So to me its worth switching. It's not worth switching to you but to some of us it is, whether it be a need, want or lust. For me it's a lust and a buisness decision. Oh yea I forget. I won't need my Nexus 7 anymore.

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
It's all preference, no argument there. But to say the note 2 is this "grand" upgrade compared to the S3 is false.

Yeah, I watch phonedog. And I watch CNET, phonearena, and pocketnow. All say the same thing...

"S3 on steroids"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
This thread is called "Samsung Galaxy S3 Owners - Tell Us Why You Are Upgrading To The Galaxy Note II" .
Those of you you that are not upgrading to the Note II have no reason to post in this thread. Start another thread "Samsung Galaxy S3 Owners - Tell Us Why You Are NOT Upgrading To The Galaxy Note II".

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
This thread is called "Samsung Galaxy S3 Owners - Tell Us Why You Are Upgrading To The Galaxy Note II" .
Those of you you that are not upgrading to the Note II have no reason to post in this thread. Start another thread "Samsung Galaxy S3 Owners - Tell Us Why You Are NOT Upgrading To The Galaxy Note II".

Never said I wasn't upgrading to the Note2, I want the latest and greatest too. Even if it doesn't make sense. Everyone wants "reasoning".

No need to get "feisty". This isn't an iPhone forum....lol!!! Unless you own an iPhone???

Have a great day...

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Never said I wasn't upgrading to the Note2, I want the latest and greatest too. Even if it doesn't make sense. Everyone wants "reasoning".

No need to get "feisty". This isn't an iPhone forum....lol!!! Unless you own an iPhone???

Have a great day...

Speaking of Iphone instead of trolling the thread respond to the thread and tell us why you are upgrading to the Note II instead of posting reasons why not to. Thats for another thread.
Not trying to be feisty. Never owned an Iphone and never will. I am on the Rezound, Razr Maxx forums as well. But if I don't have anything to contribute to the OP I don't post in it. I don't like to get involved in this way but I see this everywhere when a new phone comes out. People giving reasons true or false to justify why or why not to upgrade. If you know what I mean. To me Upgrading from the GS3 to the Note II is as big if not bigger upgrade than Upgrading from a GS2 or a Nexus to a GS3.

Tell me what is the same between the two? The look is all I see. I see a different screen size not pentile. I see a new OS "JellyBean". Upgraded camera software. An added S Pen feature along with other multi task features that are proprietary to the Note II. Much larger battery that has been claimed by reviews much higher battery life than the GS3. A big leap in processor and gpu power. Tell me whats the same, or better yet tell me how this isn't a substantial all around jump in hardware and software over the GS3.

PS. I don't need reasoning "but if I did" I think this is enough.

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
That is the awesome thing about this forum. People are able to voice their opinions. Unfortunately not everyone will agree. Even if their biggest fan is themself.

I 2nd everything about your "reasoning" for the change. Now it's my turn to express why I MAY not. I really don't know yet if I'm upgrading. But yours are valid and very appreciated.

Now instead of directing your attention at guys like me and telling us to join or create another forum. Focus your attention on Leroybrute......

Thanks again......

Last edited:

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
That is the awesome thing about this forum. People are able to voice their opinions. Unfortunately not everyone will agree. Even if their biggest fan is themself.

I 2nd everything about your "reasoning" for the change. Now it's my turn to express why I MAY not. I really don't know yet if I'm upgrading. But yours are valid and very appreciated.

Now instead of directing your attention at guys like me to join or create another forum. Focus your attention on Leroybrute......

Thanks again......

An Intelligent response.
PS. I don't care why you're not going to upgrade. Has nothing to do with this thread.

samsungfans

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
If you have budget, you should buy Note II and give your S3 to your wife. Sell iphone! LOL.. Iphone is so yesterday.. Sorry, apple fanboy.. >.<

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I am more than likely stepping up to the Galaxy Note 2. I only bought my Galaxy S3 last week as a "hold me over" phone because I thought the RAZR Maxx HD was going to be pushed back until after Thanksgiving. But after playing with the S3 for a few days it has blown my expectations out of the water! I have always been a Motorola fan, but but this S3 just has way too many cool features. I love the big screen and would love an even bigger screen on the Note 2.
The more and more I read up on the Note 2 the more I think RAZR who? Don't get me wrong, I love the S3 but if I can basically get the same phone with a little bigger screen and a little more features, I'm down for that!

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I am more than likely stepping up to the Galaxy Note 2. I only bought my Galaxy S3 last week as a "hold me over" phone because I thought the RAZR Maxx HD was going to be pushed back until after Thanksgiving. But after playing with the S3 for a few days it has blown my expectations out of the water! I have always been a Motorola fan, but but this S3 just has way too many cool features. I love the big screen and would love an even bigger screen on the Note 2.
The more and more I read up on the Note 2 the more I think RAZR who? Don't get me wrong, I love the S3 but if I can basically get the same phone with a little bigger screen and a little more features, I'm down for that!

Same here I also have the Samsung galaxy S3 phone and I love it but I will be trading it in for the Samsung galaxy note 2 when it comes to Sprint.:)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
both of my VZW Galaxy S3s cost me -$50. ($50 moneymaker) This is because I bought(or re-bought)
them on Best Buy's RewardZoneMobile.com on Sunday. (pay $49 for each phone and get back $100
in Best Buy gift card, which I will use to buy Amazon gift cards at the BB store)

I want to get the Note 2, but it will essentially cost me $349 more than my S3(which costs minus 50 dollars). :)
No matter, I'm sure the Note 2 will go down to $49 before 4th of July and I'll use my other upgrade. :)

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had my eye on the Galaxy Note ll for quite some time now. I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and I love it. I love my GS lll and am quite happy with it, it's just the need to have the latest and greatest. lol. The biggest reason keeping me from getting the Note ll, is that I just got the GS lll when it first came out and i have no upgrade until 2014. I can't see paying $799 retail on a phone, when I can buy a PC or Laptop for that price. Plus, with all the cheap deals on the GS lll Lately, I doubt I would get a decent payback if I sold my GS lll. So wouldn't really help offset the retail price. Oh well, one can hope. Maybe in 2013, when the price of the GN ll comes down, I can get it much cheaper.