Camera Question on Galaxy S3

mcgillmd21

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got a new S3 and love it so far except the camera is frustrating me . When I go into the camera it will only allow me to take pictures when I am holding the camera horizontally (landscape). When I hold the phone vertically (portrait) it just freezes and will not allow me to take a picture until I rotate it horizontally again. Is there some setting I need to change to allow me to take pictures while holding my phone vertically?

Searched the forums, couldn't find anything on this.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, this may be a long shot, but you could look in: Settings -> Security -> Lock screen options; be sure that Camera quick access is set to Off.
I couldn't find any other settings that might affect the camera operation like this.
You could try clearing the camera application settings: Menu -> Manage apps -> All -> Camera; Force stop; Clear data
Barring that, the usual troubleshooting steps apply:
1. Restart phone
2. Shut down/battery pull
3. Last resort - factory reset

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

mcgillmd21

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply GSDer.

I ended up fixing it. I have Ultimate Rotation Control to allow me to rotate my home screen. There was a setting in there to control rotation by app. I set the Camera app to "Manual" and that did the trick.

Thanks again,
Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capcut pro apk download