How do you send video on the S3

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I filmed something and when i try to send it, it says file to big but typical they will re-size and send it out but i don't get that option is this a samsung thing?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I think it can only compress files so far. Its most likely just too big to send. Especially if you're recording in 1080p.

scaramouch1

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I attached an 8mb music video in an email on my s3 it accepted it
I tried a full HD video 93mb this was to big
their is a file size limit by email text something around 20mb
When i had an s2 their was a video editor built in and u could always convert the video resolution from HD to a lower resolution 480 or 320 or upscale lower to HD
The s3 is missing this feature

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
yes, this is crazy every other phone i had would automatic lower the resolution and send it.

"Every other phone you've had" probably didn't video in HD!

First off all, how are your trying to send? Via MMS (text message) or Email? If it's email, you have a little room to play with, but 20MB is pretty standard attachment limit (even if your email provider allows more, the person you're sending to may not). With HD quality video, you'll hit that 20MB in just a few seconds.

HD video can create very large file sizes, and simply isn't meant to be transferred that way. It's not an S3 setting, no device will allow you send files of that size via email and definitely not MMS.

For email, I'd change the video resolution down to a much lower one and try that...

*IF* you want to send video via MMS, what you need to do is go into the camera app, switch to video mode, then pull up the options. Under "recording mode" change it to "Limit for MMS". This will force the video to take a smaller resolutions and smaller file size so it can fit within the limits of MMS. Using this setting will probably help if you're trying to send via email as well.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
actually i had a rezound HD, galaxy nexus HD, matter of fact my last 6 phone shot in hd so thats not the issue. And i wasn't sending a HD video it was 640x480.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
actually i had a rezound HD, galaxy nexus HD, matter of fact my last 6 phone shot in hd so thats not the issue. And i wasn't sending a HD video it was 640x480.

Perhaps I phrased that wrong... It may be more accurate to say that your other phones weren't set to use highest resolution HD by default.

If you set the resolution down and/or use the MMS setting when taking vids, you *should* have an easier time sending them.

srmoreno

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
For large videos I upload them to say drop box and share the link so people can download it if they want...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Tonya McClain

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I just tried to send a 20mb video, said file size too large so I used an app to resize it. Tried to send it the resized video (1.47mb)still says too large! Irritated... :mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo