How to turn off LTE?

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I have searched Google and cannot find any information on how to turn off LTE on the Verizon S3. Some direct you to a Phone info application but that does not appear to work anymore. Is there anyway to turn off LTE without rooting and custome ROM? I'm looking to save battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Thank You! App works great now. Yes, I want LTE off to save battery sometimes.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thank You! App works great now. Yes, I want LTE off to save battery sometimes.

Note: With Jelly Bean, that app still works to turn off LTE, however if you attempt to re-enable it, it won't work as it has before.

To re-enable LTE, go to "Settings --> More Settings (under Wireless and Networks) --> Mobile Networks --> Network Mode" Switch to "LTE/CDMA"

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Note: With Jelly Bean, that app still works to turn off LTE, however if you attempt to re-enable it, it won't work as it has before.

To re-enable LTE, go to "Settings --> More Settings (under Wireless and Networks) --> Mobile Networks --> Network Mode" Switch to "LTE/CDMA"

I put it back into LTE/CDMA and I get an occasional pop up wanting me to go into global mode. If I'm not leaving the country does it matter if I go into global to stop the pop up?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I put it back into LTE/CDMA and I get an occasional pop up wanting me to go into global mode. If I'm not leaving the country does it matter if I go into global to stop the pop up?

So long as you don't leave the country, you can set it to global as Verizon doesn't roam in the US.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez