Removed Navigation

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry... I about freaked out when I updated my maps and BOTH of the icons disappeared until I restarted my phone... Then it took me a while to figure out how to tell the darn thing to get me any where I needed to go. How silly we all are.. Can't. Handle. Change. :p but yes they did bake it directly into the maps. I kind of like the new way they have it integrated now that I have figured out how to use it ha ha.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Actually Navigation has always been integrated with maps. The Navigation icon was just a direct route to it. With the new Maps they (in their opinion) saw no need for the extra icon. I do miss Latitude.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I do miss Latitude.
Same here - I don't appreciate having to establish a "social profile" just to be able to use Google+ for the same purpose.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

barthawk

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Actually Navigation has always been integrated with maps. The Navigation icon was just a direct route to it. With the new Maps they (in their opinion) saw no need for the extra icon. I do miss Latitude.

I second this. I went back to the previous version of Maps because it was more stable and the new version made everything that I use it for harder to do.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

You are correct. I stand corrected but did like having the direct route to it as that is what I was used to. When the icon disappeared... I. Freaked. OUT... CAN'T HANDLE CHANGE :p Ha ha much more streamlined this way and have to say I am getting used to it.