Facebook chat heads disappeared

Bankokbob54

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
My facebook chat heads disappeared about 4 days ago as well as the corresponding green notification light. Anyone have the same problem? I think something happened when I was dragging a chat head to that circle with the "X" in it. I have done that before of course, but it seems I sent the chat head into never never land somehow. The option for chat heads in settings is still there, but there is no box to put an X in or delete. It's just blank. I tried logging out and re-installing facebook, but no joy. Any ideas? Thx!

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I have had that happen in the past. I will often open up my Facebook messenger app and find out I have missed several messages without heads or notification. I too, double checked that notifications were allowed etc. Then the next day they would be working again. I don't know if it is a signal situation or a Facebook messenger issue. I am thinking it is with the app but I have had no sure fire way to fix it. Often a reboot of the phone would take care of it, other times force stopping and restarting the app is all I would need. But it still intermittently will just not do what it's supposed to which is why I am thinking it is an app bug vs a phone issue. Maybe send the developer an email alerting them to the issue? They may (I haven't ever gotten anything from them) respond with a fix or add it to the next update.

Aryeo

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
My chat heads also disappeared and I came here searching for a fix. While I was reading, I was going to try uninstalling/reinstalling Messenger to see if it would get fixed. When I dragged the Messenger icon from my app drawer onto my screen, the chat heads reappeared!

Are you using a launcher (I'm using Apex)? Is your Messenger app icon (not just the chat heads) actually *on* one of your screens? Maybe try dragging Messenger onto a screen if not, see if it works for you too. Hope that helps!

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I too am using Apex launcher. Don't know if it doesn't always play nice with the Facebook messenger app or what. I also often wonder if by completely closing the messenger app if that has something to do with it. I don't know how the app runs but maybe if it isn't running in the back ground those don't pop up?