Verizon S3: Looking for Unbrick .img file to use on my sd

Joseph Zingarelli

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to unbrick my hard bricked verizon Galaxy s3 SCH-i535 phone.

After trying to unlock it through several failed attempts with an micro SD card with .img files written onto it, I am looking for alternative files to try.

Anybody know where I can find any? I have only been able to find one so far. Any help is much appreciated.

I don't want to send it in to get it fixed for the sake of posterity. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Looking for Galaxy s3 Unbrick .img file to use on my sd

Joseph,

Welcome to the forums!

As the name implies, hard brick means that it's dead - no power on, or completely buggered up firmware such that you can't get into Recovery mode or Download mode, not even with a JIG.

So, what state is your phone really in? Can you boot into Download mode?
- If so, what is it that you're trying to do - return to stock (non-rooted)?
- If not, do you have a JIG?
-- You could consider a JTAG service (ex. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-jtag-brick-repair/) before giving it up for lost
-- I also came across a post that involved putting a special partition layout on an SD card that the poster swore recovered his hard bricked device - I'll see if I can find it (it referred to a YouTube video)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Looking for Galaxy s3 Unbrick .img file to use on my sd

I realize this thread is a few months old but I wanted to let people know for future reference that the method on the XDA forum worked for me. I think if you get it to boot you'll still need to flash it again to get everything working properly again. I, however, can not get it working again.

Check out [GUIDE] Debrick your bricked SCH-I535! [BOOTLOADER/HARDBRICK] - xda-developers
[GUIDE] Debrick your bricked SCH-I535! [BOOTLOADER/HARDBRICK]

Be sure you get the correct file, depending on whether your phone was running 4.3 stock or something earlier.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: