Music player "resume" when listening to audio book (mp3 files)?

cboshdave

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Let me break it down and try to keep it simple. I like to listen to books on tape (simple MP3 tracks). When I turn on the music player (google play mostly) I want it to pickup EXACTLY where I hit pause or stop last time. Even stand alone, the tracks seem to either reset to the beginning or to the next track. Is there a way to have the music player pickup exactly where it left off?

I think since I just confirmed that the previous is the case (not connected to anything) I think the bluetooth is irrelevant. Point is that when I get in the car, the bluetooth connects and starts playing either at the beginning of the current track or rolls to the next track. Even if I am doing some quick errands, I get the same song several times if I am making quick stops. I would rather it just picks up where it left off at the last power off.

Probably confusing. Sorry. If anyone has any ideas, I would love it!

cboshdave

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I think I have generally figured it out. There are apps specifically tuned for audio books. I wish I did not have to, but it looks like i have to purchase another app that has these features. If there are other thoughts, I would love alternatives.