Current "Best Deal" on a VZW One?

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Originally it was a pic of the ATT version too. Even if it comes iwth 4.1 it will update to the current Verizon Version.

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
If you are impatient you can use the code Verizon30 on the Verizonwireless website and get it down to $139 plus tax. Then select store pickup, it will be ready in an hour.

Also, you can go to best buy and ask if they will price match NewEgg.com ($129). I did this and they checked with their supervisor who OK'd it. Only problem is they did not have any more in stock.

There are better deals online, I just didn't want to wait.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Originally it was a pic of the ATT version too. Even if it comes iwth 4.1 it will update to the current Verizon Version.

What do you mean by "it will update to the current version"? Keep in mind this is my first Android phone hence the limited knowledge...

Will it do this automatically? Or, if I buy from Viva Movil, will i have to manually update the OS?
If you are impatient you can use the code Verizon30 on the Verizonwireless website and get it down to $139 plus tax. Then select store pickup, it will be ready in an hour.

Also, you can go to best buy and ask if they will price match NewEgg.com ($129). I did this and they checked with their supervisor who OK'd it. Only problem is they did not have any more in stock.

There are better deals online, I just didn't want to wait.

Will I still be able to be covered by insurance if I dont buy through Verizon direct?

Have you seen anything less than Vival Movils $99?

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can get Verizon insurance if you don't get it from them. Call 611 and ask though. They don't even want to look at your phone if it wasn't purchased through them anymore.

Posted via Android Central App

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can get Verizon insurance if you don't get it from them. Call 611 and ask though. They don't even want to look at your phone if it wasn't purchased through them anymore.

Posted via Android Central App

Viva Movil is a Verizon authorized retailer. Yes, you can sign up for Asurion.

What do you mean by "it will update to the current version"? Keep in mind this is my first Android phone hence the limited knowledge...

Viva Movil sells it with 4.2.2, the most current version. Their website is just misinformed. Don't worry.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Viva Movil is a Verizon authorized retailer. Yes, you can sign up for Asurion.

Viva Movil sells it with 4.2.2, the most current version. Their website is just misinformed. Don't worry.

Thank you Karn.

So it there any downside to buying of VM?

If not, why would anyone buy through VZW then? (or better question, if VM is owned by VZ, why dont they offer the phone at the same price?)

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Karn.

So it there any downside to buying of VM?

If not, why would anyone buy through VZW then? (or better question, if VM is owned by VZ, why dont they offer the phone at the same price?)

To further promote that brand. It's working thus far as a lot of people are talking about it.

I went through VZW to keep my unlimited data. If I was on a tiered data plan, I would have purchase it through Viva.

massiverse

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I got Best Buy to match the price on viva movil, 100+ tax out the door. I prefer BB's warranty service to Asurion, 9.99/month with zero deductible.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
got my 2 ONE'S on friday from verizon $139.00 each Sweet phones about time verizon now if I can just get either lifeproof or otterbox to make a weather proof case I'll be set!!!!

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I got my 2 One's from Viva Movil today, all went well. They shipped from Libertyville, Illinois, isn't that where phones from Verizon come from normally

jc587491

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Went to Best Buy yesterday to get them to price match the Viva movil deal but apparently they don't match online competitors prices with contract phones. (at my store at least). After a 30min discussion they finally agreed to match a local competitors price (Sam's Club--$148.88), but the difference would be made up in accessories. After another 20mins they finally just took the price off the phone(s). After reading a few posts that it was quick and easy for them to price match and price match online, I was surprised by the difficulty.

So if anyone is planning on trying the price match at Best Buy, go extra prepared and prepare for a battle. (even the corporate guy I called talked to said they don't price match phones, until he double checked with his supervisor)

Jake Vinson

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I had this same experience with both my local Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores; they refused to price match unless it it was from a local competitor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress