Finally getting closer to Lollipop on One M7

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been watching this website everyday for changes. after two weeks finally the status changed for the M7 and M8 to certification stage 3 for Verizon. Earlier when i looked the M7 was still on Stage 1 so it jumped up to stage 3 in one day!!!! It's getting closer to being done it looks.
HTC Software Updates | HTC United States

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Good news. They seem to only update the site sporadically. I checked the Sprint status when Sprint announced that Lollipop would start rolling out the next day, and it was still shown in Stage 1 (Development)...

My guess is that Development is shared for all carriers, since I would think integration would be the step to check carrier specific versions. Hopefully this goes smoothly, and we'll be on Lollipop soon.

I am looking forward to seeing what the next version offers for my use. :)

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I read today that Verizon is rolling out Lollipop on the M8.

It makes sense that the later phone would get the update first, but I hope this means the M7 will be getting the upgrade soon. :)

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I see Sprint pulled the M7 update. So I'm in no rush to get a bad update. HTC should just wait for Google to release 5.1.

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I definitely want it to be stable before they roll it out... But I might actually feel safer with a 5.0.2 or 5.0.3 than with 5.1.0...

I think 5.0.2 was the one on Sprint that got yanked. Google also went from 5.0.2 to 5.1 with nothing in between. I get your point though, we all want stable and a good build.

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I am curious about what the potential issues with 5.1 will be since it was released so quickly. I haven't read to see what the new features are yet, but I suspect that any time features are added that there will be bugs. :)

mierdv

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
No it's the most immediate source from inside HTC. It's pretty much assured that we won't see it till April and I can only sincerely hope that as it was delayed a month they would bump it to 5.1. I'm not holding my breath though.

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
No it's the most immediate source from inside HTC. It's pretty much assured that we won't see it till April and I can only sincerely hope that as it was delayed a month they would bump it to 5.1. I'm not holding my breath though.

I thought the same. Since 5.1 is here, I would hope to see it, but I honestly expect to see 5.0.?

As frustrated as I am right now, HTC still seems to be the best company at keeping users informed, and they are still a long way from where they should be, At least they tell us a target date, and 'fess up when they miss it. Other companies publish nothing until the release date...

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I broke down and loaded the Twitter app. It looks like April 7th is the expected approval date... I would assume that downloads would follow shortly thereafter.

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
As of yesterday @moversi said that Verizon rejected the Lollipop. It is apparently being reworked by HTC. I have not seen a new date projection yet.

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
After listening to all the M9 and S6 complaints about Lollipop, do we really want it? Did anyone confirm if 5.1 update will follow?

Dreaming I think that we see 5.1. I'd love to get the bug fixed version but I think HTC will do their usual and bail on us. They have come a long way with their updates but their still horrible, IMHO.

Read through some of the AT&T and Sprint M7 reviews of 5.0.2 and they are reporting the standard WiFi and memory leak issues that were in these early updates.

Last edited:

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Dreaming I think that we see 5.1. I'd love to get the bug fixed version but I think HTC will do their usual and bail on us. They have come a long way with their updates but their still horrible, IMHO.

Read through some of the AT&T and Sprint M7 reviews of 5.0.2 and they are reporting the standard WiFi and memory leak issues that were in these early updates.

Hopefully these are the issues that caused Verizon to reject the update... and so, maybe they will be fixed. I might be too optimistic, but a guy can dream.

djbarg

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Maybe next Friday. Maybe never. Screw you Verizon and HTC. Been loyal to both for several years , but getting real sick of the BS. If you're not going to update a device, just be upfront and honest about it - don't keep stringing us along and say "next week". It reminds me of the movie The Money Pit - "two weeks". Just let us root/unlock and be done with it! <end rant>

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
It just seems bizarre to me. Something must be going on behind the scenes... Verizon is one of the earliest to update the Galaxy S4, and dead last for the HTC One M7...

Sprint is the opposite. HTC One M7 has been completed, still nothing for the S4.

Lucky me. My personal phone is a Verizon HTC One, and my business phone is a Sprint S4. I get to be last on both sides of the fence. :(

At least HTC tries to keep us in the loop at some level, Verizon on the other hand publishes nothing but self-congratulation, nothiong about why they rejected the last update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45