HTC Rezound First Impressions/Reviews

alf_dart

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm in your court, tony bag o donuts; Wanted the Rezound 'cus I loved my 2 years with the Incredible so much, but ate the Nexus/ICS candy, and mostly lovin' it. Universal keyboard delay in ICS however, surely they'll fix it. Regarding signal issues, I obsessed over that point pre-purchase. I live in a fringe *3G* area, which gave my Incredible troubles as well. By and large, "hotspots" are the same, and in less rural areas, 4G is all it's advertised to be. No issues w/ irratic 3G/4G toggle. All said, if you don't mind the lighter weight Samsung design, eat the candy.

And btw, the fantastically responsive camera shutter speed of the Nexus cannot be understated. Don't know if that's hardware or software but it's grreEEAT!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Why are Nexus owners reviewing the Nexus in a sticky thread specifically for Rezound reviews in the HTC Rezound forum? Anyway...

My impressions:
-Screen is amazing. Beautiful and vibrant.
-Photos from the camera are awesome. Close ups rival my point-and-shoot Canon with a superior lens.
-Stock camera software, effects, scenes and options make the want for 3rd party apps nonexistent.
-Haven't had a dropped call or data connection yet. Works when I need it. Always.
-Phone is snappy when navigating throughout, even with a Live Wallpaper.

I miss a couple things from ICS, but none worth what I gained.

alf_dart

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Point taken. If it gives you satisfaction, I'm just sore that Samsung doesn't build their phones like HTC (particularly the exceptional sound quality). The Rezound is surely a slightly larger, much better version of the Incredible. It's a really great phone. Make way for a little off topic contrast/dissension though. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Why are Nexus owners reviewing the Nexus in a sticky thread specifically for Rezound reviews in the HTC Rezound forum? Anyway....

A subconscious need to justify their purchases most likely, a lot like a lot of the iPhone people who come to Android and BB forums and sites.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
After 3 months, my positive impressions are...

The Screen - Great for us that wish we had 'young' eyes
The Battery Life - Use it mostly for phone calls/email. My location only has 3G but always 4/5 bars
The Camera - Mostly shoot landscapes and difficult light. Perfect for quick shots with xlnt results
The Phone - Just right: non-slip Otterbox case with a little bulk for worn out hands to hold. Always fast and ready when you hit the pwr button.
Rezound sets the bar.

Update: the battery just passed the 6 day mark. Of course I didn't rely heavily on the net or movies...just emails and phone calls plus a camera shot or 2 and, yes, stand-by. Stock battery with the 10+ stock apps listed under 'running services' ; sync serv, google serv, mobile IM, Verzion Location Agent, blah blah bloat, ect.. You can squeeze some life out of a stock battery.

Last edited:

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Resound for 3 days now and I love it. I am also coming over from the original Droid Inc which was a rock solid phone for me. I am a fan of Sense so the Rezound was a perfect upgrade for me. The Rezond is a bigger better version of the Droid Inc. I love the HD screen and the camera. Anyone who says the Resound had a bad camera either got a bad phone or does not know how to use the Resound software. You do need to change some of the default settings to get the best picture quality. In particular the white balance when indoors. You can also turn off preview and take continuous shots. Also the 2 meg front camera is much better then the VGA quality on most other phones. Skype and ooVoo calls look great on the Resound. Overall this is a great phone, hopefully the ICS update will happen soon and go smoothly. The only thing that could be better is battery life but if you turn off your wifi and mobile radios when not in use and don't have the screen too bright the battery does OK.

KnicksALLday

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
great phone my only complain would be battery life... with 4g this thing can die quickly... im sure an extended battery can fix this problem but i hate how it looks... i wish htc would have put a better battery in the rezound to begin with...

jeffc73

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I want to know if taking photos while recording video is a feature of ICS then why is it missing on the rezound. I understand some of the features on the one x is due to hardware but if photo taking while recording video is in ICS software then the rezound should have it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

jeffc73

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I think the camera is great. Use it all the time. The front camera takes good pics in good light. Could be better in low light. My wife's iPhone takes great pics with front camera in low light but rezound is one of the highest resolutions available at 2mp. Not bad for front camera

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I want to know if taking photos while recording video is a feature of ICS then why is it missing on the rezound. I understand some of the features on the one x is due to hardware but if photo taking while recording video is in ICS software then the rezound should have it.

This is actually not a feature of ICS itself, but a feature of the One X's camera app and/or video recording app (and possibly additional software in the background) that allows the One X to do this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo