Album Cover Art

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
This seems to be an issue with every HTC phone. Why does it pick random pictures from your gallery and use it as cover art for your music?? Even if I delete the pics from my phone they still show up as the cover art for my music, and albums that do have thier own cover art it's just blank Smh... Any suggestions?

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Cover Art Downloader by birbeck works well, not sure on the random gallery pic issue though.

Thanks. I'll look into it. But yeah it was an issue with the HTC Evo and other phones as well I believe. It just pics a random photo from your gallery at times and permanently assigns it as the album art. I've seen forums on about it regarding the Evo but I never seen any type of fix for it.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
While playing a track in an album in the default music app there is an option to update album art.

Also could be an issue with your tagging.

Reactions: MarkSeven

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
While playing a track in an album in the default music app there is an option to update album art.

Also could be an issue with your tagging.

Ohhh okay... I didn't know that. Cool. I actually used Wobblin30's advice tho and it worked great. Thanks to both of u though!

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep mine were showing up correctly but were all pixilated. Ran the update album art and now they all look great.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm an artist and I have sum of my own music in my phone but since I don't have cover art for the new stuff it was just taking any pic from my gallery and using it as the cover art. The problem with that is sum of my pics aren't intended for all eyes to see lol. If u like Hip Hop check me out: www.Mark717.com

thumbedmonkey

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
My coverless music had the big green double music note from the Icon/Widget. Then auto update grabbed the right pics for 99% of them. Those it failed on were oddball compilations and/or badly tagged songs.

tehsquishmeister

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Funny I just noticed this a couple days ago. It actually took a thumbnail from one of my *videos* and used that for album art.

So here I am listening to music with a picture of my mom in the music app :p