Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard

ricebw

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Does the Rezound support a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard? If not, will it with ICS? I have read that the mouse and sense don't get along so I wonder if HTC will disable mouse capability.

The reason I ask is that I want to do this: Bluetooth on the Galaxy Nexus over MHL - YouTube

Basically, instead of carrying a laptop on travel, just bring a travel keyboard and a mouse and an HDMI/MHL cable. So much lighter and you have a 42" computer that you can operate several feet away.

I don't have the Rezound yet so if anyone could try a mouse out, let us know. I am a fan of HTC and sense so I hate to get the Nexus for this capability and lose all the stuff I love about sense. The Nexus is ideal for this though because the virtual control buttons show on the screen. I think with the Rezound it could still be done just maybe a touch more cumbersome.

Thoughts?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
It should support these peripherals via bluetooth, however I can't say for sure because I've never even thought about doing this nor do I have a BT keyboard/mouse. I can understand your scenario...sort of but the phone is certainly no replacement for a full PC/Laptop. I mean...where do you put the DVD's? :confused:

ricebw

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Netflix baby! :D

But seriously, thought it would work well for email, web access, Netflix, and maybe the occasional game.

mchlwvr614

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I know that with other HTC phones like the Evo 4G and 3D that there were problems with the Bluetooth implementation and sense with regards to HID devices. Not sure if this has changed recently and I don't have a kb or mouse to test it out.

Actually that might have only been with using the Wiimote as an input device. You could use things like that with a CyanogenMod Rom but not with stock HTC sense.

Last edited:

kilgoretrout

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm also interested in this. I'm starting to consider the rezound over the nexus, but I'd like to know if Bluetooth compatibility has improved (controllers, wiimote, etc.)

rich.kim

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i'm assuming it's perfectly fine. i just got a bluetooth keyboard to use with my phone when it's docked and it works flawlessly. if only there were keyboard shortcuts to use. i've never tested with a mouse, but i'd think it would work just fine.

ricebw

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a keyboard on order which I assume plays ok with sense. I tried a bluetooth mouse with my Dinc2 and it won't connect. I tried it with my wife's Rhyme with Sense 3.5 and it connects but doesn't bring up a pointer -- moving the mouse simply shuffles the 7 homescreens. The buttons don't do anything. I don't have a Rezound to try.

dietsoda

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if there are any other experiences with using a bluetooth keyboard on the Rezound. Apparently, HTC used a proprietary bluetooth stack with their sense builds on other older phones which didn't allow for HID keyboards. Also interested in the mouse functionality as this would be vital for browsing while connected to a TV screen. My Rezound arrived, but hundreds of miles away from home so I'm stuck with the Incredible until then.

ricebw

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the Freedom Pro keyboard and it works great. It is a folding keyboard so there are some compromises when it comes to keys -- like the space bar being in two pieces -- but it does work well for a travel keyboard.

The bluetooth profile you need is SPP, not HID. I am still wondering if ICS will bring mouse support because that requires HID. The Freedom Pro supports both HID and SPP (there is a switch).

Let me know if anyone out there gets a mouse working!

kenc3dan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I can confirm that the Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard for the Droid X that Verizon sells does not seem to work with my Rezound. It is seen by the phone but I cannot pair successfully with it. Must be that HTC bluetooth stack wackiness at work again.

dietsoda

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the report. Disappointing to see HTC's Sense fail again. I did some searches online and find conflicting info on whether the phone really does support HID, which is the key. Looks like it may not after all. All is not lost of course, as a ROM with the standard android bluetooth stack would solve the problem.

MunkinDrunky

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
This sounds crazy (because the phone is so good all around; it just seems to have everything I want and Im kinda tired of Motorola, especially now with the whole no removable battery movement) but I really want to have HID bluetooth support and that might almost be a deal breaker unless there is a rom which supports this profile. Its not necessary to hear all that so:

Q: Is there a rom for the Rezound which supports HID bluetooth peripherals? Can anyone confirm yes, no, or there never will be?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89