Factory Resetters, No Backuppers; Here's an app!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
To spare anyone from a dreaded case of the TL;DR, I'll try make it short.
After thinking that the Rezound unlock method was a mistake on HTC's part (as you know, it turned out it wasn't), I rushed home from work on day 1 of this discovery and quickly unlocked my bootloader. In my haste and excitement, I factory reset without backing anything up. (Learn from my lesson, damnit!)
After rebooting, I realized all of my pictures and videos (mainly of me playing with my 1 year old) were gone. :'(
Well, if anyone is in a similar boat as I was, and hasn't found a working method of recovery, checkout Hexamob Recovery on the Market.
I'm 20x happier. I wasn't able to recover each and every picture, but I managed to recover a few videos and a dozen or so pictures.
Just a quick tip from a fool that was in a rush.

Feel free to share any recovery methods that might be even better than the one I tried. I could sure use the help seeking out the rest.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just to point out that the app requires root. Good app though for those who need it.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE HD smartphone.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... I just put in the 16GB microSD card that came with the phone, and moved my music to it. Other than that, it is empty. I'm going to see if Hexamob recovers anything.... 0.0

EDIT: Results; nothing recovered. guess I got a clean card straight from the factory lol.

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i use Dropin to automatically upload my pics and videos to my Dropbox account. That way they are always backed up. When i unlocked my phone, I just check to make sure all the files were backed up (they were) and proceeded with the unlock/reset with no worries.

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I use TT backup for root but I also use MyBackup Pro which does not require root. It's a good app and works very well without being rooted. Normally I make backups using TT after I root so I get all of the extra features of using a root app. But when using MyBackup Pro I choose to "not" use the root features.

That way if I decide to unroot and just restore my apps I won't have to worry about any incompatibilities.

Once I get everything all set up I also make a backup of my external SD card to my computer. Basically just copy and paste the folders that contain all my custom stuff (pics/music/camera pics, etc.).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo