$99 @ VZW Online

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
I've been waiting for the Rezound/Razr to hit $99 before leaving my dusty, old Fascinate to die, and it just hit this morning online. I picked up the Rezound for $99 ($100 promo discount) from Verizon's website. I didn't do anything special, I just saw the deal on their main page while logging in to review my bill.

I called a local store to see if they could match, and they tried, but it wouldn't give them that price, so it may be online only..

Just a heads up in case anyone waited like I did, or you have interested friends/family.

Reactions: O.G Incredible

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My friend who was with TMobile and on a Blackberry decided yesterday to finally switch over to Verizon. She saw the President's Day sale that had two for one Razrs. Originally she thought it was the Rezound and I highly encouraged her to take the deal. We later realized it was the Razr.

She wanted to get the same two phones because the other phone was for her mom and she thought it would be helpful if she had the same phone as her mom so that she could help her learn how to use the phone.

I am really upset that today the Rezound is $99, because she could have had the Rezound instead of the Razr.

I know the phones are comparable, but the difference in my opinion is that the Razr is M-O-T-O-R-O-L-A and the Rezound is NOT!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep. That's it. Many years ago, I swore I would never buy full priced video games, because the sting of sales proved too strong for me to withstand.
Now, I'm doing the same with phones, especially HTC. This was the first phone I ever purchased for full price, so screw this crap. Hell, it's probably $99 just to cover the cost of the Beats earbuds. Might as well ship those back to the manufacturer and offer the phone for free.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
That sucks, I feel for everyone who paid $299.. :(

I think I will put the earbuds on eBay and make some money back.. I listen to music pretty frequently, but I'm far from an audiophile.. The $10 buds suit me just fine.

jpoutre

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Why feel for those who paid $299? They wanted it early and it was worth it to them and they have had it for longer. I wanted the phone and waited until the price to his $199 ($149 for me after $50 upgrade) and have no regrets at all. I know all phones will drop over time, when other phones are coming out. Will always happen..

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I knew if I waited until my original eligibility upgrade date (which would have been March) the price on the Rezound would be lower. However, I could not stand dealing with my Droid X a day longer, so I don't regret paying $100 more.

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The rep just told me it's 14 days.

Yup. It is 14 days. I saw the reduced price on the VZW site today and called Verizon and spoke with a rep about the price drop. Since it has only been 13 days for me they gave me a $50 credit on my account. I paid $149 for my Resound at the time of purchase. Even if they didn't do anything I still don't regret getting the phone. It is a phenomenal device and I am very happy with it. :)

Last edited:

hack_tc

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, horse sh!t ! I just ordered mine yesterday, for $150 (had xtra discount). I called them about a price match, which they said they could do, but I would have to return my phone (which is still in the mail) and reorder the new one. I'd normally do this, but I'm kinda in a bind and need it asap. They were able to give me a $30 discount dropping mine down to $120.

To think I could've had one for $50 is frustrating, but hell, Im happy with $120, considering that in the stores around here they are still charging $300.

Either way, I'm stoked about getting this phone!

I am tempted to go back to the local verizon store and slap the phone down on the desk and say "Fifty bucks B!tch3s! "

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Rezound this past weekend in store ($200 - $50 NE2). I called CSR today to price match and they couldn't credit my credit card because it's online only sale. Instead they are giving me a $100 credit to my phone bill.

keister101

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my phone on Friday (Feb 17th) for $149; when I called Verizon they said there was nothing they could do for me (other than if I returned the phone, paid restocking fee, etc., which I'm just too lazy to do and I dont want to give up my phone).

To the guys that say they got some form of credit on their accounts, did you order your phone online and did you have to hassle with Verizon to get any kind of rebate? Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo