Music Storage Woes

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
So, when the Rezound landed, I kept the 32 gig card from the Tbolt so I didn't lose all of my goodies. I noticed after using Poweramp (pro) that there were allegedly 2 copies of each sound file now on the phone . Thinking one could be deleted, away I went getting rid of what I thought were duplicate files stored in the phone memory. Got rid of them and through some bit of Android magic, all of the files disappeared. Having searched in vain for some previous advice or info on this subject, here I am...just me and my musicless Rezound. Any ideas, advice, scorn, laughter??? All will be welcomed.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
The only bad thing about using the Google music app is you do NOT get the "Beats" audio features. The "Beats" audio only works with the HTC music player.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
It's happened before. I don't know that anyone has an actual cause/solution. I saw doubled music in the stock music player but never in Google Music(Play Music), WinAmp, or PowerAmp.

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
It's happened before. I don't know that anyone has an actual cause/solution. I saw doubled music in the stock music player but never in Google Music(Play Music), WinAmp, or PowerAmp.

I actually deleted the tunes with PowerAmp. It wouldn't play them twice, just showed the folders.

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I did the same. It seems poweramp was seeing the sdcard fron two separate spots. One I unchecked one of them, the dups went away.

Yeah...I have sdcard, ext_sdcard, and sdcard 2. The choices are endless. 8^)

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...I have sdcard, ext_sdcard, and sdcard 2. The choices are endless. 8^)

Is that in Astro, sure looks like their default directory names? If so, nothings wrong, you should see sdcard & sdcard2. Not sure why it's defaulted as such but the ext_sd folder is sdcard2, it's not a duplicate set of files.

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Is that in Astro, sure looks like their default directory names? If so, nothings wrong, you should see sdcard & sdcard2. Not sure why it's defaulted as such but the ext_sd folder is sdcard2, it's not a duplicate set of files.

ES File Explorer, actually. I think the ext card is based on the fact that I switched the 16 gig card with the 32 gig card from my Tbolt.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
ES File Explorer, actually. I think the ext card is based on the fact that I switched the 16 gig card with the 32 gig card from my Tbolt.

I don't see how that can be the case when everbody has the same groups listed by default. Those are default in folders. It doesn't read sd cards differently from one another, just the size difference.

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't see how that can be the case when everbody has the same groups listed by default. Those are default in folders. It doesn't read sd cards differently from one another, just the size difference.

I thought it curious, myself. Could download Astro and see if it says different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana