Please help this old idiot with ICS.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
HTC Rezound Android 4.0 ICS leaked with Sense 3.6 — get it now | Android Community

The above link was found off of a previous thread. It seems to be touted as the "official leaked ICS."

1. My phone is not rooted. Can I install ICS without rooting?

2. If I install this leak, can I still get the OTA ICS update when VZW and HTC get their sh*t together?

3. Will this leak create any problems (loss of blue tooth, random reboots, etc...)

4. Anything at all I should be cautioned about before installing this leak?

I'm sure I've asked questions that have been answered in previous threads, but I'm too lazy to search through 100's of threads :)

Thank you a bunch to the people who respond!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
HTC Rezound Android 4.0 ICS leaked with Sense 3.6 ? get it now | Android Community

The above link was found off of a previous thread. It seems to be touted as the "official leaked ICS."

1. My phone is not rooted. Can I install ICS without rooting?
YES

2. If I install this leak, can I still get the OTA ICS update when VZW and HTC get their sh*t together?
If the OTA has a higher version than the leak, probably

3. Will this leak create any problems (loss of blue tooth, random reboots, etc...)
Nothing major

4. Anything at all I should be cautioned about before installing this leak?
That you won't be able to go back to GB if you install the latest leak.

I'm sure I've asked questions that have been answered in previous threads, but I'm too lazy to search through 100's of threads :)
Don't ever admit you were too lazy to search on a forum. Forum people hate that

Thank you a bunch to the people who respond!

Answers above.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
When you say, "nothing major," in response to adverse side affects from downloading, what specifically do you mean?

The only issue I've heard about is random rebooting and I personally don't consider that major. Especially not for a leak. On the reverting to GB issue I found this: Downgrade to non-leaked firmware - xda-developers that will allow you to go back to a GB ROM, not stock GB.

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll also chime in here to say that my bluetooth stopped working properly after I updated. People complained that I was incredibly crackly on their end.

Everything sounds good on my end though and audio coming from my phone is fine.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
very few, if any random reboots for me. For the 1st few days, my battery seemed to drain faster, and, probably still does with 4g enabled.

The biggest downside of the ICS leak, (to me) is that you will need to re-setup you phone. I haven't really used by bluetooth with it, so, I can not comment on that.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
very few, if any random reboots for me. For the 1st few days, my battery seemed to drain faster, and, probably still does with 4g enabled.

The biggest downside of the ICS leak, (to me) is that you will need to re-setup you phone. I haven't really used by bluetooth with it, so, I can not comment on that.

Blue tooth is something I always use in my car, so I have to be assured it will work properly. I have an extended life battery, so I'm not terribly concerned if the phone drains quicker. Heavy usage, and I'm down to about 40% at the end of the day.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I've heard about is random rebooting and I personally don't consider that major. Especially not for a leak. On the reverting to GB issue I found this: Downgrade to non-leaked firmware - xda-developers that will allow you to go back to a GB ROM, not stock GB.

Read in xda, the firmware radios aren't playing nicely w/ wifi on devices that reverted to GB. I was under the impression the radios remain unless we have s-off. I think the non scaling CPU w/ screen on and battery drain are worth noting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo