No dust filter on Extended Battery Back

AstroStrat89

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
So day two I get the extended battery (I don't mess around and don't mind the heft) and I noticed that the speaker grill on the battery cover has no mesh filter on it like the original back.

I'm looking for something to glue in there now. my guess is that after several months it's going to let in a lot of particles inside unless I do something.

So anyone with the extended battery from HTC may want to take some action on that.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the tip (I am just now looking at the EXT batteries). You know what might work well? I piece of nylon...not fishnets...lol.

Question about your ext battery. I know it makes the phone bigger, but is it a hump like the TB or a curved back? kinda like a arc

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a dust protector on my extended battery back. It is a rectangular piece of foam with self stick adhesive. In fact, mine was out of place, and I had to put it back on correctly when I opened the box. I wonder if yours was used and then returned?

AstroStrat89

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I got the 2750 direct from VZW online, $30 after corp discount.

I didn't see anything else in the box and just checked again.

And it's a rounded back rather then a hump, so not too bad. Nice in the hand really, but less in pocket. Also makes the phone rock when laying on a table when using.

some sort of hosiery is not a bad idea really

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non