Screen times out...regardless!

bcoley

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure that this is a product of the new OTA, but since updating today, my TBolt screen times out in about 15 seconds, regardless of the settings I choose in Settings|Power|Power Saving Settings|Screen timeout settings. I can set the time out to "never turn off" or uncheck "Screen timeout" altogether, yet the screen still times out in about 15 seconds (dims significantly after about eight seconds, then times out at about 15 seconds).

Any ideas?

EDIT: Do not experience time out in games or certain apps, but do at home screen and other apps (such as the Market or GoSMS Pro)

Last edited:

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
That's just weird have u tried pulling the battery. I would just do a factory reset. Unless some one else has any bright ideas

bcoley

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure that this is a product of the new OTA, but since updating today, my TBolt screen times out in about 15 seconds, regardless of the settings I choose in Settings|Power|Power Saving Settings|Screen timeout settings. I can set the time out to "never turn off" or uncheck "Screen timeout" altogether, yet the screen still times out in about 15 seconds (dims significantly after about eight seconds, then times out at about 15 seconds).

Any ideas?

EDIT: Do not experience time out in games or certain apps, but do at home screen and other apps (such as the Market or GoSMS Pro)
Thanks for the suggestion.

A battery pull did not solve it, but in its aftermath I looked a bit more at the settings screen. There is a time out setting *also* in Settings|Display|Screen Timeout. That setting was set to 15 seconds and was overruling the Power saver setting.

Problem solved.

Thanks again for replying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty