Selling my bolt (appraisal)

afgasparo

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I've decided that when the bionic comes out I'll most likely get it and sell my bolt, and I'm wondering how much you guys think I could get for it. It has some wear on the body but will have a new digitizer and LCD. It will come with the original packaging, a soft case, a hard case, and a new SIM card.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't checked to see waht the current value of the Bolt is. Just see what their going for on ebay and craigs list for an idea. Just remember that I will close this thread if anyone makes an offer all sales need to be in the market place and follow all the market rules.

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've decided that when the bionic comes out I'll most likely get it and sell my bolt, and I'm wondering how much you guys think I could get for it. It has some wear on the body but will have a new digitizer and LCD. It will come with the original packaging, a soft case, a hard case, and a new SIM card.
Craigslist is the best way to find out. Remember the price will drop overnight the day the bionic is released. Currently I have seen the price range of 200-350 with the higher being brand new. There isn't much of a demand for them since everyone wants the charge.

Pizza33

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I would say the average selling price is $300 on ebay, I've checked completed listings. You may get a little bit more with accessories, but don't count on it.

I think it is about the same on craigslist list. I recommend craigslist because on eBay you'll have to pay for the listings + final value fee ($20) + 2% paypal fee + shipping if you list it as free shipping.

It's a shame the thunderbolt resale value has gone down so much. :/

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I think you will learn that you will experience a number of low ballers out there, I haven't sold my Droid X because so many act like because I am going to sale it I need the money and is open to let it go for a crazy price. My device is replaced 3 days before I bought my TB and is in perfect shape and I have had insulting offers like 85 and 100 :eek: :D .

My suggestion is come up with a price you see as reasonable and go from there, just keep in mind the shape of device.

One more to consider the Bionic has been set back a number of times due to issues and you may want to wait and see if they fixed them before going into it.

Djnikkofb

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I would say the average selling price is $300 on ebay, I've checked completed listings. You may get a little bit more with accessories, but don't count on it.

I think it is about the same on craigslist list. I recommend craigslist because on eBay you'll have to pay for the listings + final value fee ($20) + 2% paypal fee + shipping if you list it as free shipping.

give the phone away for 1 cent, charge $300 for shipping. No more sales fee on ebay.

1.21 giggawatts Thunder

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You can always start a little higher. But how the phone looks will be as important as how it is running.
If it shows a lot of wear and tear then possibly 275.00 and you can be firm on as low as you will go.
Be ware if using Craigslist........there are people who will try to scam you. You have to be smart when dealing with Craigslist. I will never post anything on that site ever again. My email has been hacked and I never had my password on it. I have gone thru hell trying to get my account closed. People were posting all sorts of things from many states using my email. I had my account since 2006 and never had a problem. It is impossible to deal with the site. I had to call a troubleshooter.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Verizon says it is worth $200 as a trade in.

See: Verizon Trade In

BTW, when selling it, I wouldn't say anything about "new digitizer and LCD". I know I would never buy from an "admitted" back-yard-mechanic.

-Frank

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't checked to see waht the current value of the Bolt is. Just see what their going for on ebay and craigs list for an idea. Just remember that I will close this thread if anyone makes an offer all sales need to be in the market place and follow all the market rules.

I'll give him my wife for the phone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

It's no surprise though. All phones do. When they dont work right of course price drops more. A buggy phone purchased with no warranty or customer service isn't worth much to most people. If it worked.flawlessly value would be significantly higher. I bought this phone rather than charge because of the extra RAM but I won't make the HTC mistake a third time.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
It's no surprise though. All phones do. When they dont work right of course price drops more. A buggy phone purchased with no warranty or customer service isn't worth much to most people. If it worked.flawlessly value would be significantly higher. I bought this phone rather than charge because of the extra RAM but I won't make the HTC mistake a third time.
I'll give him $300 to take my wife and he can keep the phone.

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I've got a Samsung Fascinate I don't use. Wanna trade me the Thunderbolt for it? Then I can have 2 TBolts and start my world domination!! Bwahahahahahaha!!

Okay, back to work...

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I sold a brand new one two months ago for $350 here locally. I had a lot of offers in the $250 range, some as high as $300. I feel very fortunate to have got what I did for it.

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
You'll probably get around 200 for it since the price should drop once the bionic is out. I've seen people on craigslist selling it for 250 used, good condition and the occasional 200.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38