Speakeasy vs speedtest

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Which one is right? I get about 7mbs on speedtest app on speKeasy website I get 17mbs? Just wondering

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I found a similar question on another forum and there doesn't seem to be any right answer. Running the same number of tests on both, which one seems to be more consistent? Does one have more variance between tests than the other?

The most accurate way to measure speed over a cellular network is by using it as a modem and running the tests on a laptop.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Assuming it is your own system you are checking, and assuming there are no bugs in the testing program, the highest numbers are the ones to believe. Because they show what your setup is capable of, if you're testing with the best back end architecture and the conditions on the Internet are right.

Having said that, when the TBolt first emerged, the speeds were so fast that the tried and true Speedtest.net was not accurate. It would show accurate download speeds but wildly exaggerated upload speeds (i.e. 60mpbs upload). The problem had something to do with frame-rate or frame-size or something, I forget. The devs fixed it pretty quick and put a new accurate version of Speedtest.net out on the Market. That is the Speedtest.net we have now and it is accurate.

I don't know anything about Speakeasy's accuracy.

It also depends on the server you use for the test. You can select different servers and get different speeds. Normally you believe the fastest. Don't get me wrong, they are all "true", but some are better than others at different times and in different places.

Lots of variables...

-Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress