Ginger Bread No Push This Week?

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I think that we wont get GB until some time after the Bionic is out. I think MotoGoog and their butt buddy VZ will push the Bionic as the only LTE phone w/ GB. Then they will allow the Thunderbolt et al to get GB.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
i wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come until the end of september. i've been running 2.11.605.0 since it leaked and it sure does feel polished. just an overall smoothness that tells me htc is getting close to a release build.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think that we wont get GB until some time after the Bionic is out. I think MotoGoog and their butt buddy VZ will push the Bionic as the only LTE phone w/ GB. Then they will allow the Thunderbolt et al to get GB.
I think you are over-thinking this. There is a dev team assigned to GB for the TB and you can bet they want it out (over!) as soon as you do. VZW is not going to hold it up for "marketing reasons".

-Frank

Reactions: ChevyStorm88

motty69

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
As polished as the recent GB leaks have been I'll be surprised if they don't push it by mid-September. I was planning to wait for the OTA and not root, I just got tired of the bloat and knew it would still be in the official OTA. The SHIFTS3NS3 rom is smooth as buttah, no OTA for me.

Sent from my SHIFTS3NS3 Thunderbolt

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sad that a great phone advertised and pushed to sell to customers with GB, Skype and many other perks came with none of the above. Then you see other phones Verizon is selling of lesser quality with GB. Come on Verizon you are killing customers who stick by you. Say what you want, this is just a load of crap. There is just NO reason the Thunderbolt should not be running Gingerbread, NONE. Total BULL****.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sad that a great phone advertised and pushed to sell to customers with GB, Skype and many other perks came with none of the above. Then you see other phones Verizon is selling of lesser quality with GB. Come on Verizon you are killing customers who stick by you. Say what you want, this is just a load of crap. There is just NO reason the Thunderbolt should not be running Gingerbread, NONE. Total BULL****.

It's all Verizon man

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I apologize, but we will not be repeating the MR1 update, or the Droid X's Gingerbread update. We are not going to allow it out until it is at least 95% bug-free. Why do you think there have been so many leaks? Yeah, those are the ones either HTC or us trashed due to bugs.

I mean, you are really just putting Verizon and HTC in a lose-lose situation: Either we rush the update and you hate us because of the bugs, or you hate us because it takes too long because we want to get it right for once.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The community doesn't hate you. We'd much prefer a stable, bug free release that just works. The leaks serve those in the community that can't wait and offer a nice platform for custom ROMs. I'm happily running 2.11.605.0 and will continue to do so until the official release.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
The community doesn't hate you. We'd much prefer a stable, bug free release that just works. The leaks serve those in the community that can't wait and offer a nice platform for custom ROMs. I'm happily running 2.11.605.0 and will continue to do so until the official release.

this only I am running 2.07...

Chiefmcfuz

Jun 28, 2010
www.manhattanreefs.com
I apologize, but we will not be repeating the MR1 update, or the Droid X's Gingerbread update. We are not going to allow it out until it is at least 95% bug-free. Why do you think there have been so many leaks? Yeah, those are the ones either HTC or us trashed due to bugs.

I mean, you are really just putting Verizon and HTC in a lose-lose situation: Either we rush the update and you hate us because of the bugs, or you hate us because it takes too long because we want to get it right for once.

Don't apologize for anything! I applaud you for being thorough and making sure that the update is perfect when it is pushed. Take as long as you need. I for one am happy to wait. Thank you for working hard on the update and thank you for every bit of guidance and advice you and the other vzw guys give us here at AC. Keep up the good work!

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Oh by no means do I think the community hates me, or Verizon overall. I know there are many things the community heartily disagrees with that Verizon does, and there have been many... shall we call them ill-conceived comments I have made since I have been here, but I know neither justify hate.

I was just expressing HTC and Verizon's overall sentiment. We want it to be perfect, but I know better than that. No software is 100% bug-free. We just want to thin out as many bugs as we can so we do not repeat MR1.

Be assured, however, that we carefully laid out the network protocols to avoid all rebooting issues. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87