mirror my phone screen onto my tv?

treasurefingerz

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, with the NFL season about to start, and the availability of live Thursday night games on the Verizon NFL app, I'm beginning to wonder if I can watch the games on my television.

I've done some searching and from what I've gathered it looks like I you can stream pictures and videos onto your television using DLNA, game console, etc. But that's only for personal files and some select video streaming sites. Am I correct on this point? or misinformed? Please confirm.

If we are in fact limited to personal files, is there a work around or accessory I can purchase to allow me to watch the live stream football games (in the NFL app) on my TV? Essentially I'm asking if there's a tv out I can use to mirror my phone screen on the television. I do have a WiFi connection and PS3 at home. Thanks

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, with the NFL season about to start, and the availability of live Thursday night games on the Verizon NFL app, I'm beginning to wonder if I can watch the games on my television.

I've done some searching and from what I've gathered it looks like I you can stream pictures and videos onto your television using DLNA, game console, etc. But that's only for personal files and some select video streaming sites. Am I correct on this point? or misinformed? Please confirm.

If we are in fact limited to personal files, is there a work around or accessory I can purchase to allow me to watch the live stream football games (in the NFL app) on my TV? Essentially I'm asking if there's a tv out I can use to mirror my phone screen on the television. I do have a WiFi connection and PS3 at home. Thanks

But that's only for personal files and some select video streaming sites. Am I correct on this point? or misinformed? Please confirm.Yes, you're correct. even those mHL (?) adapters people are advertising (including the one thread in this forum) don't work with the Thunderbolt. it does work with phones like the Evo or Sensation & some others, but not the Thunderbolt

sadly, the only thing that the PS3/wifi will enable you to do is share your content via DLNA (iMediaShare, TwonkyMediaServer) but no streaming content. it must be content that's been saved onto the memory.

and no, there's no app you can purchase to enable live-streaming (via DLNA or desktop dock) with the Thunderbolt. other phones have this functionality (Bionic--for one, via HDMI, rumored) but i've yet to find any ROM for a rooted Thunderbolt that supports this full-mirror function, or any mirroring for that matter.

however, if you have a tablet, chances are it supports full mirroring to a tv via HDMI. for instance, my Thrive will run any content on the tablet display through the full HDMI to the connected tv--even if it's an app from the marketplace. i never tested it with NFL Mobile, but at least you know there's a mirror-capable device at the moment.

Last edited:

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have been told, but haven't found one. That there is a Micro USB like our port, with an HDMI end on it that will work. any heard of that.?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Didn't I just say it's not MHL compatible?

attachment.php
:confused::D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non