Always opens Car mode when on a car charger

krafticus

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Hello all,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I searched and didn't see anything.

So, I love my TB, and haven't had any real issues. All of a sudden, everytime I plug it into the car charger, it goes into car mode (which is a battery killer on my phone). I'll exit the app, hit the button to lock it. Few minutes later, I unlock, and it is back in car mode. This happens 95% I plug it on the car charger. Since this kills my battery, it never really charges well (2 hours on the charger, it went from 30% to about 60%). Also, I need to exit the app everytime to use the phone.

Anyone else have this issue, or know a way around it?

Thanks

Mark

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I searched and didn't see anything.

So, I love my TB, and haven't had any real issues. All of a sudden, everytime I plug it into the car charger, it goes into car mode (which is a battery killer on my phone). I'll exit the app, hit the button to lock it. Few minutes later, I unlock, and it is back in car mode. This happens 95% I plug it on the car charger. Since this kills my battery, it never really charges well (2 hours on the charger, it went from 30% to about 60%). Also, I need to exit the app everytime to use the phone.

Anyone else have this issue, or know a way around it?

Thanks

Mark

First question I ask is: Is the car charger a Verizon OEM or an aftermarket?. I had an aftermarket one that I bought at Wal-Mart and it lasted about a month. I have a Verizon OEM and it has worked flawlessly for over 9 months (used it on my Droid).