Is It Time for a New Phone

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
For the 3rd Time I got Moisture Detected message and sound. It was never wet.
1st time, I thought it a fluke and not sure how I got rid of message.
2nd time, I tried many things listed online. Restarting did not help. I finally Cleared the Cache of the USB settings and restarted and that got rid of the message. My phone had been charging for over 30 minutes when suddenly I got the Moisture Alert, so obviously something wrong internally.
3rd time, I plugged phone into my car charger and immediately got the alert. I cleared the USB cache, restarted and was able to use the car charger.

But this seems to keep happening for some unknown reason. My phone is 3 3/4 years old, but in good shape otherwise.
I have searched online, but have not seen anything about why this happens every few weeks. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Probably hardware failure. But in case there's some debris in the port that might be causing problems, try scrubbing it with a dry toothbrush. You can also try flooding the port with 99% rubbing alcohol.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I took it to a repair place and they cleaned it. So hardware issue. In that it was charging for over 30 minutes and then suddenly did the alert (2nd time) seems to indicate an issue.
Is there something I can do to fix this permanently? Thank you.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I had no problem for over 3 months. Then this morning got the moisture icon. I cleared the USB cache and restarted twice, but it is still there.
I see that someone said to Force Stop the Android System. Is that a good idea? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by this?
They're asking if anyone has a spare phone to give them. In an old post someone pulled up from years ago, I remember seeing them ask the same thing, twice, several years apart between posts, it was an old account with the same name. I have to give them credit for persistence 😄

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000