Running older RUU will not UPDATE

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the new update RUU from android police, put it on the SD card and rename it. But when I load into bootloader it doesn't update automatically, any ideas?

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I just spent an hour or so doing this. Down loaded to my CPU then transferred to Card. Wouldn't go in boot screen. Then I changed cards down loaded directy to card got into boot screen but it didn't see update. I tried renaming PG051MG.zip and no go. Then I deleted the .zip and it worked????

Edit glad you got it. I felt so stupid missing the obvious.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I just spent an hour or so doing this. Down loaded to my CPU then transferred to Card. Wouldn't go in boot screen. Then I changed cards down loaded directy to card got into boot screen but it didn't see update. I tried renaming PG051MG.zip and no go. Then I deleted the .zip and it worked????

Edit glad you got it. I felt so stupid missing the obvious.

One thing that many of us find very irritating about Windows (and I mean no offense to Windows users) is that it hides the extension of filenames and attempts to replace it with a description of the file type in a different column.

You really want to go to Tools / Folder Options / View, and UN-CHECK the setting "Hide extensions for known file types". This will allow you to see the filename as it really is, including (in this case) the perfectly good .zip extension that was there, but hidden.

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
IT WAS DRIVING ME INSANE!!

I literally was about to either chuck my bolt or donkey punch my laptop.......and it was my fault the whole time lol!! enjoying skype with my brother right now FINALLY :cool:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
One thing that many of us find very irritating about Windows (and I mean no offense to Windows users) is that it hides the extension of filenames and attempts to replace it with a description of the file type in a different column.

You really want to go to Tools / Folder Options / View, and UN-CHECK the setting "Hide extensions for known file types". This will allow you to see the filename as it really is, including (in this case) the perfectly good .zip extension that was there, but hidden.

I really can't believe that's still the default setting on Windows computers. It causes more confusion than anything else. I know it does provide a safeguard from users changing file extensions, but then again, windows warns you if you try to do that anyway!

Pretty much the very first thing I do when I set up a computer for myself (and I set up a lot), is change view to "details" and UNcheck "hide known file types".