Thunderbolt Screen Failing Slowly (almost a useless phone)

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you replace the screen the first time for the same problem if so I'd be more incline to believe it was a something else shorting the screen. Did you replace the screen yourself? Did you buy the phone directly from verizon?

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I've already replaced this screen on my phone and its acting up again. There is a line going from top to bottom that does not register at all. That makes my phone almost useless for most things!! I'm wondering if the screen I just put in is faulty or if this could be software or installation error? Help :'(
Phantom touches and deadspot on screen after replacing digitizer
I was thinking about doing it myself when my screen cracked, but I am glad I didn't. The benefits of having someone else do it you will get quality parts, if you send it to VZW, you will get a refurb phone. I think your warranty is void now. I would call VZW and ask them.

Heisdan

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I replaced the digitizer/glass the second time. The first time I replaced just the digitizer and I feel the problem it failed is incorrect assembly of the digitizer glass. But like I said, the second time I have no idea why it failed.

I've never had a Verizon warranty. I tried to go without it this time and it didnt work out :/ ... ??lesson learned??

Update: Since last post I've disassembled the phone, looked it over for any incorrect assembly problems (twice) and I haven't found anything. Still the exact same scenario.

Has anyone replaced a digitizer/glass assembly before? Where did you get the parts and how long have you been using the phone after the repair?