How To Overclock My Thunderbolt

tmijares95

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I Just Finished Rooting My Thunderbolt(About Time):)Lol
And I Wanted To Know How Do I Overclock My Thunderbolt To 1.5 Ghz
Do I Just Buy SetCpu And It Lets Me Overclock It Like That Or Do I Have To Install Something Else To OverClock
I Am New To This Please HElp :)

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
You could flash an AOSP ROM and you won't need to overclock. But being that you're new to rooting your best bet would be to read up on it before taking the plunge. Try a few different ROM's and you might even find one you don't need to overclock. There are a few ROM's that are already overclocked. Some have overclocking built in and it can be done from the settings. Just make sure to read up on it before doing it.

tmijares95

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok So I am Trying to flash the newest radio (2.11.605.9)
And I Have A Question
What Does It Mean To Leave The File Zipped Up
Does That Mean To Not Extract IT?

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok So I am Trying to flash the newest radio (2.11.605.9)
And I Have A Question
What Does It Mean To Leave The File Zipped Up
Does That Mean To Not Extract IT?

Exactly.....leave it as is (other than renaming it to PG05IMG.zip). Then copy it onto your SD Card as is. Reboot your phone into Bootloader and follow the screen.

tmijares95

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Exactly.....leave it as is (other than renaming it to PG05IMG.zip). Then copy it onto your SD Card as is. Reboot your phone into Bootloader and follow the screen.
Everything Updated Succesfully But When I Check What Version its At Its Still At 2.11.605.5
Why?

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Not to sound harsh but you might want to read up on things before you keep messing with things. ie post 9 you say you're on 2.11.605.5 post 10 you say you're on 2.11.604.9. Ok it may be a typo but you should know the difference between the OTA version number and the radio number. If you flashed the 2.11.605.9 radio it doesn't change your OTA version number. It's two different animals. Your radio version is under settings/about phone/software information/more/baseband version. It should read 1.48.00.0930w_3 0.01.78.0916w_3 This is the baseband version (radio) for 2.11.605.9
You can flash G3D v1.2 with either radio. You might also want to check out the BAMF forums for some really good ROMs. I prefer BAMF ROMs over G3D not wanting to dog any dev openly if you PM me I'll tell you why.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Everything Updated Succesfully But When I Check What Version its At Its Still At 2.11.605.5
Why?

You updated radio not the rom so the version does not change..

I Just Finished Rooting My Thunderbolt(About Time):)Lol
And I Wanted To Know How Do I Overclock My Thunderbolt To 1.5 Ghz
Do I Just Buy SetCpu And It Lets Me Overclock It Like That Or Do I Have To Install Something Else To OverClock
I Am New To This Please HElp :)

I dont go any higher than 1.4 because overclocking higher usually cause a unstable device with a number of roms for me.