Rezound upgrade for $99 hmmmm

LateNight

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Let me start by saying I love my Tbolt but I am teetering on whether to pick up the Rezound for $99. I have upgrades available on other family account that I could transfer if a quad core pops up this year (starting to doubt that).

There are ICS roms available for the Rezound which is a plus but I don't see as many groups making Roms for the Rezound.

So what would you do? Would you pay $99 to upgrade to the Rezound?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
First thing I haven't heard of any custom ICS roms that has been stable for any devices, now as for the rom developers not making roms for the Rezound from what I found from researching this device just hasn't been a popular sale item and think this may be the reason for the limited developers support.

I decided to stay away from the device because of the limited interest and support.. Unless the popularity changes I do not see many new developers doing any work on this device especially with the Nexus and Razr Maxx being released recently.

Reactions: LateNight

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting for some solid advances on something. I haven't seen anything yet.
I'm hoping that in 6 months or so we will see a new machine from HTC with real improvements. Not just another model with a new name.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
For me, the Rezound isn't enough of a difference from the Thunderbolt, especially not enough to give up the kickstand! :p I'm fully content to wait and see what new stuff is coming down the pipe this year even though I've been sitting on an upgrade since last Nov. (although I'll probably still pay full retail to stay off contract).

LateNight

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Synycalwon, had not thought about losing the kickstand.

Pros
Screen
Speed
Radio (LTE)

Cons
Kickstand
Custom Roms (less Devs)
$99 I wouldn't have to spend :)

LateNight

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Pros
Screen
Speed
Radio (LTE)
Can sell the thing on ebay if I don't like it and switch back to my Bolt - Holy Crap people are getting $300+ for a used Rezound on Ebay, that might be the deal clincher for me

Cons
Kickstand
Custom Roms (less Devs)
$99 I wouldn't have to spend

Last edited:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't upgrade form the TBolt to the Rezound. Too similar in features. The Rezound doesn't have an FM radio, if you care.

I plastered an extended battery on my TBolt the day I bought it and never looked back. AFAIC, I can't think of even one feature of the Rezound that I want over the TBolt. I think the Rezound is a nice phone. But I think the TBolt is a nice phone too. Why upgrade?

-Frank

Reactions: HPBolt

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I also can't see leaving the TB for the Rezound. I love my TB and can't be without the kickstand!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Meh. Wait for mwc to be over then decide if you want the rezound or a quad super phone

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought the rezound for $50 on upgrade less than 2 weeks after its release in November. Hd screen is to me substantially better. Some don't see much difference,just depends on how important it is to you. Go to the store and see for yourself. The radio on the rezound is way better,way few data drops and faster speeds,which is important since I live in an area of somewhat marginal signal. To me the screen and radio are very important aspects so the upgrade was worth it.

I actually prefer the extended battery case with kickstand, I would rather have the kickstand on the case,it is much cheaper than damaging the kickstand on the phone, and you don't have to deal with the peeling issue that some have. But if you prefer to go bareback, and need a kickstand, then obviously the rezound isn't a good choice for you.just depends on your needs.

If you want the latest tech, I would wait to see the upcoming quad cores. To me, the speed of the thunderbolt was enough, so I don't see a need for a quad core for my uses at least in the next 18 months or so.

The rezound with extended battery also feels more comfortable to hold to me than the thunderbolt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch