Help! Lost 4g after installing extended battery/Door

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The LTE antenna is in the battery door. Does the new battery door have gold contact points in it? Those are the connections to the antenna. Make sure there is nothing preventing them from making contact to the connection points on the phone itself.

Reactions: kristykat182

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you check your Network mode.... my bolt had that problem, switched to CDMA all by itself, instead of LTE/CDMA.

Good point, didn't think of that. :) The setting is at: Menu, Settings, Wireless & network, Mobile networks, Network Mode. If it's already set to LTE/CDMA, you could try a power down, pull the battery and SIM card for at least five minutes. This will force the phone to reset and re-provision itself on the network when it's powered back on. I'd also try the standard battery door; if it works yet there would appear to be a problem with the new extended door.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
In addition to checking your network mode, make SURE the battery and battery door are seated properly. Even a slight battery door issue will mean no contact with the antennas (LTE requires 2 antennas, something I found out from a Verizon engineer when setting up a couple of routers with USB aircards for a data project at work).