will Verizon also announce the thunderbolt release date

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
everyone says the iPhone will be announced on 1/11/11 but could the release date for the thunderbolt also be announced then?

what do y'all think?

johnner1999

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
IDK but if the Iphone isnt 4g I am going to get an Atrix. Might as well get the best.

why would Verizon (or Apple) release phone with such little use? I'd rather have them wait till they get the kinks out of the LTE/EVDO hand offs first. Thats just me.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
everyone says the iPhone will be announced on 1/11/11 but could the release date for the thunderbolt also be announced then?

what do y'all think?

Nope. There were apple-specific members of the press that were invited. AND Gizmodo wasn't. Only apple would have instructed Verizon not to invite Gizmodo.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
why would Verizon (or Apple) release phone with such little use? I'd rather have them wait till they get the kinks out of the LTE/EVDO hand offs first. Thats just me.

I'd say there's only a 1% chance that the iphone will have LTE support.

It's most likely just going to be the iphone 4.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely not going to be a 4g iphone. Im willing to bet the farm on it. I think when the iphone goes 4G. Jobs will have a presentation for it and will be hosted by apple because it would pertaining to both verizon and at&t

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Are we changing the title of this this particular thread to iPhone 4G 2B or not 2B?

I'm hoping for some Thunderbolt dates soon. For the first time I'm thinking about divorcing my Incredible but this delay is extinguishing my impulsive fire. Doesn't Verizon get Marketing 101? Drum up excitement, under promise and the over deliver!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Are we changing the title of this this particular thread to iPhone 4G 2B or not 2B?

I'm hoping for some Thunderbolt dates soon. For the first time I'm thinking about divorcing my Incredible but this delay is extinguishing my impulsive fire. Doesn't Verizon get Marketing 101? Drum up excitement, under promise and the over deliver!

I'd argue Verizon heads Marketing 101...just look at the success of their Droid line, and a lot of that is due to their fantastic marketing.