Extended Life Battery

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I have a question for you all. I had an HTC EVO on Sprint before I ported over to Verizon and was wondering. Will the extended life battery I have for the EVO fit into the Thunderbolt and the back cover line up?

I am thinking no because based on pictures the back kick stand looks thicker on the Thunderbolt than the EVO but I thought I would ask.

Thanks.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a question for you all. I had an HTC EVO on Sprint before I ported over to Verizon and was wondering. Will the extended life battery I have for the EVO fit into the Thunderbolt and the back cover line up?

I am thinking no because based on pictures the back kick stand looks thicker on the Thunderbolt than the EVO but I thought I would ask.

Thanks.

I remember reading that the batteries are different

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.

EVO battery size is not the same as the Thunderbolt's. Wirefly.com did an unboxing vid that compared the two.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
As others have said, the Evo battery won't fit. However, there will be an extended battery for the ThunderBolt. This is on the official spec sheet:

Accessories Supported: HDMI Adapter, Wireless Charging , Extended Battery (3.7VDC, 2750mAh), Audio Adapter, Car Kit, Car Charger, Mono BT Headset, Standard Battery, USB Sync Cable, AC Adapter, Simple Pouch