AmazonWireless offering the Thunderbolt for $179.99

menji

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If I already get unlimited Txting under my family plan.. do I just select the No texting option??

If that takes away my unlimited texting somehow, I can just call VZW and get it changed no problem.. right?

And also for AmazonWireless.. you only get charged a fee if u cancel the service right?? not if u change plans under the same carrier or anything?

1.yes no txting

2. yes. you can call, but i doubt you'll have that issue.

3. not sure. i'm assuming yes because you arent cancelling.

no tax = win. just have to wait til Monday, but I have spring break next week and I'm not complaining =D

Joe603

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Is taxing on this the same as other amazon purchases? In other words, are the same states taxed exempt through amazon wireless as through the normal amazon site?

Found this out after I posted the original:

All items sold on the Amazon Wireless website are sold by Amazon.com, LLC. Orders shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.

veverkap

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
They do not do the NE2 discount through Amazon.

For me, I'm looking at:

$249.99 - $50.00 NE2 + $10.00 VA Tax = $209.99 (in my hands tomorrow)

or

$179.99 (in my hands Monday)

I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow :)

rjnst7

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
you just cant cancel the service within the first 6 months... what sucks, special case for me, is they require a drivers license and number... i lost my wallet a couple months back and am unable to replace my license since its a CA license and im currently living in NY, so have to return to CA to do the processing... so no amazon deal for me =(

Thanks for the info....thats what I was told by the customer service rep when I called as well.

mlee21

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for probably this stupid question, but..

when amazonwireless is checking for eligibility.. it asks for the pin/password. Which pin/password are they referring to.. I've tried inputing multiple ones that would most logically fit.. but theyre all getting denied.

menji

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

when amazonwireless is checking for eligibility.. it asks for the pin/password. Which pin/password are they referring to.. I've tried inputing multiple ones that would most logically fit.. but theyre all getting denied.

only if you set up a pin for your account. if you did not, then leave it blank

ShamelessMT

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Generally there is no password. Only if you set one up will there be one, so if you don't know leave it blank.

tyler3030#AC

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. If I'm eligible for a NE2 upgrade it's $250 - 50 = 200 for a 2 year contract? And $320-50 = $270 if i get a 1 year contract?

Also, if i get a 1 year contract does that just mean i get the discount price after 1 year or do I also get $50 off then too?

rscecil007

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Could someone tell me what the difference is b/w ordering from Amazon and Verizon, besides the $$$ difference and waiting for it to arrive Monday?

I'm not eligible for a NE2 upgrade, and I was going to get it on a 2 year contract.

I don't have any intention of canceling within 6 months and getting charged the Amazon ETF either...

So I'm guessing there's no difference, just pick the bolt and $30 unlimited data plan, they register it all through Verizon, and I'm set? (Sorry, haven't ever bought a phone from anyone but my carrier, so buying otherwise I'm clueless to...)

Thanks for any help!

SFGiants 2010

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. If I'm eligible for a NE2 upgrade it's $250 - 50 = 200 for a 2 year contract? And $320-50 = $270 if i get a 1 year contract?

Also, if i get a 1 year contract does that just mean i get the discount price after 1 year or do I also get $50 off then too?

You can't use a NE2 discount with a 1 year upgrade. You have to use a 2 year upgrade to use it.

Reactions: tyler3030#AC

SFGiants 2010

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Could someone tell me what the difference is b/w ordering from Amazon and Verizon, besides the $$$ difference and waiting for it to arrive Monday?

I'm not eligible for a NE2 upgrade, and I was going to get it on a 2 year contract.

I don't have any intention of canceling within 6 months and getting charged the Amazon ETF either...

So I'm guessing there's no difference, just pick the bolt and $30 unlimited data plan, they register it all through Verizon, and I'm set? (Sorry, haven't ever bought a phone from anyone but my carrier, so buying otherwise I'm clueless to...)

Thanks for any help!

If you live in California and buy it a a VZW store, then you have to pay sales tax on $599...if not, you might want to check and see if your state requires sales tax on the full retail price.

Amazonwireless won't charge you tax unless you're in Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington.

That's pretty much the only difference if you plan on not cancelling before 6 mos.

Reactions: rscecil007

rscecil007

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
If you live in California and buy it a a VZW store, then you have to pay sales tax on $599...if not, you might want to check and see if your state requires sales tax on the full retail price.

Amazonwireless won't charge you tax unless you're in Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington.

That's pretty much the only difference if you plan on not cancelling before 6 mos.

Awesome, thank you. I'm in WA so I'll have to pay taxes, but still comes out cheaper than through Verizon.

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the 250 texts for $5 right now. That isn't an option through amazon. Can I select:

"None, pay per use starting at $0.20 per message and $0.25 per video/picture message"

and change it back later???

jtmeyers

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Getting the TB thru Amazon is not working for me. My 2 year contract is up on 11/21/2011 so I'm eligible for the NE2 upgrade at the 20 month mark. Verizon Wireless will let me upgrade now (early upgrade for an additional $20), so I thought that I'd try it thru Amazon, but it's a no go. Here's the message I received:
Upgrade Eligibility
Phone number ###-###-#### will be eligible for upgrade on Jul 21, 2011. If you'd like to upgrade this line, please return to AmazonWireless on that date and place an order.
Anyone know of a way to get my order placed thru Amazon? I'd really like to save the $70, plus I'm in CA so the sales tax savings would be another $52.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty