03-18-2011 06:44 PM
77 1234
tools
    Sorry for probably this stupid question, but..

when amazonwireless is checking for eligibility.. it asks for the pin/password. Which pin/password are they referring to.. I've tried inputing multiple ones that would most logically fit.. but theyre all getting denied.
    only if you set up a pin for your account. if you did not, then leave it blank
    03-16-2011 08:30 PM
    Sorry for probably this stupid question, but..

when amazonwireless is checking for eligibility.. it asks for the pin/password. Which pin/password are they referring to.. I've tried inputing multiple ones that would most logically fit.. but theyre all getting denied.
    Generally there is no password. Only if you set one up will there be one, so if you don't know leave it blank.
    Quick question. If I'm eligible for a NE2 upgrade it's $250 - 50 = 200 for a 2 year contract? And $320-50 = $270 if i get a 1 year contract?

Also, if i get a 1 year contract does that just mean i get the discount price after 1 year or do I also get $50 off then too?
    just pre-ordered from amazon too...guess i'll just have to wait through the weekend...couldn't pass up the savings.
    03-16-2011 08:37 PM
    Could someone tell me what the difference is b/w ordering from Amazon and Verizon, besides the $$$ difference and waiting for it to arrive Monday?

I'm not eligible for a NE2 upgrade, and I was going to get it on a 2 year contract.

I don't have any intention of canceling within 6 months and getting charged the Amazon ETF either...

So I'm guessing there's no difference, just pick the bolt and $30 unlimited data plan, they register it all through Verizon, and I'm set? (Sorry, haven't ever bought a phone from anyone but my carrier, so buying otherwise I'm clueless to...)

Thanks for any help!
    03-16-2011 08:38 PM
    Quick question. If I'm eligible for a NE2 upgrade it's $250 - 50 = 200 for a 2 year contract? And $320-50 = $270 if i get a 1 year contract?

Also, if i get a 1 year contract does that just mean i get the discount price after 1 year or do I also get $50 off then too?
    You can't use a NE2 discount with a 1 year upgrade. You have to use a 2 year upgrade to use it.
    tyler3030#AC likes this.
    03-16-2011 08:40 PM
    Could someone tell me what the difference is b/w ordering from Amazon and Verizon, besides the $$$ difference and waiting for it to arrive Monday?

I'm not eligible for a NE2 upgrade, and I was going to get it on a 2 year contract.

I don't have any intention of canceling within 6 months and getting charged the Amazon ETF either...

So I'm guessing there's no difference, just pick the bolt and $30 unlimited data plan, they register it all through Verizon, and I'm set? (Sorry, haven't ever bought a phone from anyone but my carrier, so buying otherwise I'm clueless to...)

Thanks for any help!
    If you live in California and buy it a a VZW store, then you have to pay sales tax on $599...if not, you might want to check and see if your state requires sales tax on the full retail price.

Amazonwireless won't charge you tax unless you're in Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington.

That's pretty much the only difference if you plan on not cancelling before 6 mos.
    rscecil007 likes this.
    03-16-2011 08:45 PM
    I just ordered too! My NE2 was only $30, so it would have been $40 more...$10/day would be too much to pay to have it a bit earlier.
    03-16-2011 08:46 PM
    Does Amazon offer anything else besides the Free 2 Day Shipping?
    03-16-2011 08:49 PM
    If you live in California and buy it a a VZW store, then you have to pay sales tax on $599...if not, you might want to check and see if your state requires sales tax on the full retail price.

Amazonwireless won't charge you tax unless you're in Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington.

That's pretty much the only difference if you plan on not cancelling before 6 mos.
    Awesome, thank you. I'm in WA so I'll have to pay taxes, but still comes out cheaper than through Verizon.
    03-16-2011 08:50 PM
    Does anyone know if you can use NE2 with Amazon purchase? I know this is a starch but I had to ask
    03-16-2011 08:52 PM
    How does it work if I wanna buy the Tbolt through Amazon while still on AT&T? Do I get a bill/note for termination fee in the mail?
    03-16-2011 08:53 PM
    I have the 250 texts for $5 right now. That isn't an option through amazon. Can I select:

"None, pay per use starting at $0.20 per message and $0.25 per video/picture message"

and change it back later???
    03-16-2011 08:56 PM
    Getting the TB thru Amazon is not working for me. My 2 year contract is up on 11/21/2011 so I'm eligible for the NE2 upgrade at the 20 month mark. Verizon Wireless will let me upgrade now (early upgrade for an additional $20), so I thought that I'd try it thru Amazon, but it's a no go. Here's the message I received:
    Upgrade Eligibility
    Phone number ###-###-#### will be eligible for upgrade on Jul 21, 2011. If you'd like to upgrade this line, please return to AmazonWireless on that date and place an order.
    Anyone know of a way to get my order placed thru Amazon? I'd really like to save the $70, plus I'm in CA so the sales tax savings would be another $52.
    03-16-2011 08:57 PM
    Another question, if you sign a 2 year contract do you get locked in for unlimited 4g for 2 years or just when they decide to change the price?
    03-16-2011 08:58 PM
    great deal if you want 2 yr service

that's a huge difference from $319 of 1yr
    Where did you find a 1 year contract? VZ and Best Buy are both 2 tear contracts only. VZ reps told me that they were eliminating all 1 year options.
    03-16-2011 08:59 PM
    If I already get unlimited Txting under my family plan.. do I just select the No texting option??

If that takes away my unlimited texting somehow, I can just call VZW and get it changed no problem.. right?

And also for AmazonWireless.. you only get charged a fee if u cancel the service right?? not if u change plans under the same carrier or anything?
    1.yes no txting

2. yes. you can call, but i doubt you'll have that issue.

3. not sure. i'm assuming yes because you arent cancelling.

no tax = win. just have to wait til Monday, but I have spring break next week and I'm not complaining =D
    Just curious on the answer to #1 there. I interpreted it the other way. The "calling plan" part would stay unchanged, but any "add on services" had to be selected. So, even though I already have Unlimited In messaging +500, I figured I'd have to reselect that? Any firm answers or more opinions on that?

Secondly, both my wife and I (on a Family Share plan) are getting Thunderbolts. Therefore, the savings are enough to wait it out until Monday. But I'm confused that I can't order two Bolts (for each number) on one transaction. It is making me check out with my main number before I can add another Bolt on the 2nd line number - that normal? My mind would be at ease being all on one transaction. Picky, I know.

P.S. Long time lurker, first time poster. All the info here has been invaluable. The excitement of the Bolt got me to sign up finally. haha
    03-16-2011 09:01 PM
    Another question, if you sign a 2 year contract do you get locked in for unlimited 4g for 2 years or just when they decide to change the price?
    That's the big question... lot's of different opinions.

I think they CAN change it on you since data is a contract add on, but they have not done it before (you are grandfathered) and I don't think they want the bad press of doing it this time... here's a comment from a blogger and a quote from Verizon.

Verizon: modifying any part of user agreement will cut you off unlimited data | TechKnow Bytes — The Denver Post
    03-16-2011 09:02 PM
    And now Illinois as well. Our wonderful governor just announced it last week, effective immediately.
    03-16-2011 09:06 PM
    Just curious on the answer to #1 there. I interpreted it the other way. The "calling plan" part would stay unchanged, but any "add on services" had to be selected. So, even though I already have Unlimited In messaging +500, I figured I'd have to reselect that? Any firm answers or more opinions on that?

Secondly, both my wife and I (on a Family Share plan) are getting Thunderbolts. Therefore, the savings are enough to wait it out until Monday. But I'm confused that I can't order two Bolts (for each number) on one transaction. It is making me check out with my main number before I can add another Bolt on the 2nd line number - that normal? My mind would be at ease being all on one transaction. Picky, I know.

P.S. Long time lurker, first time poster. All the info here has been invaluable. The excitement of the Bolt got me to sign up finally. haha
    I assumed he asked about the family plan that already has unlimited txt along with it. That's the plan I have, so I don't have to pay for a separate txt message add-on. If you have a normal family plan, with txt msg'ing separately, then you have to to reselect it.

as for your second question, i'm not quite sure, but maybe you can give them a call? I know I would be extremely picky also about doing 2 transactions instead of one. It did not give another option for a second phone, so I'm assuming the system can't. So I guess if possible, give them a call.

and welcome to the forums
    03-16-2011 09:08 PM
    Where did you find a 1 year contract? VZ and Best Buy are both 2 tear contracts only. VZ reps told me that they were eliminating all 1 year options.
    Verizon Wireless announced today TB pricing of $320 with a 1-year contract.

Link: Verizon Wireless (VerizonWireless) on Twitter
    03-16-2011 09:13 PM
    Getting the TB thru Amazon is not working for me. My 2 year contract is up on 11/21/2011 so I'm eligible for the NE2 upgrade at the 20 month mark. Verizon Wireless will let me upgrade now (early upgrade for an additional $20), so I thought that I'd try it thru Amazon, but it's a no go. Here's the message I received:
    Upgrade Eligibility
    Phone number ###-###-#### will be eligible for upgrade on Jul 21, 2011. If you'd like to upgrade this line, please return to AmazonWireless on that date and place an order.
    Anyone know of a way to get my order placed thru Amazon? I'd really like to save the $70, plus I'm in CA so the sales tax savings would be another $52.
    I am in a similar situation but the amazon wireless customer service rep said that if I use the other line on my family plan that is eligible for upgrade 03/29 to buy the thunderbolt I can just activate it then transfer it to my line. Hopefully you have another line that is available for upgrade or will be shortly?
    03-16-2011 09:13 PM
    I'm SHOCKED that Amazon doesn't have an option for to pay a little extra for overnight shipping. I have a prime account and my only option is 2 day... bummer.
    03-16-2011 09:14 PM
    Anyone know how it works if you get an employee discount off the plan and data? Looks like I can just keep existing plan, but data is added at $29.99. I should get it at $23.99.
    03-16-2011 09:16 PM
    One more question - if there is a manufacturer's default or issue in the first 1 year warranty that is always covered by Verizon, are there any issues taking the phone to a Verizon or dealing with Verizon for a fix? Or will they look it up, say "Hey, you got this from AmazonWireless, have a nice day, good luck"?
    03-16-2011 09:22 PM
77 1234