Wirefly not meeting demands

Carbon Stig

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok wirefly...if you are going to be selling such a highly anticipated phone and with such a deal, you guys need to be better prepared. Out of stock already on the first day. Even my local VZW store is well stocked up. I guess what I'm saying is, don't offer something you can't provide.

This was my first online order through a verizon reseller...I guess this'll be my last. I had high hopes after reading the reviews on wirefly...but serves me right for trusting reviews online.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That's what happens when Wirefly decides to undercut everyone. They are betting on people waiting on back order to get one. When I got mine today I told the Retail Mgr I worked with about Wirefly & Amazon and he was really shocked that they could do that. Still I am sure his store sold out today with their inventory. They had MORE people lined up for the ThunderBolt than they did for the iPhone 4.

CD1X

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
i know these devices sold well today...I was at my verizon store about 5 minutes before they opened and there were 2 other guys out there with me... we all waited the Thunderbolt!

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok wirefly...if you are going to be selling such a highly anticipated phone and with such a deal, you guys need to be better prepared. Out of stock already on the first day. Even my local VZW store is well stocked up. I guess what I'm saying is, don't offer something you can't provide.

This was my first online order through a verizon reseller...I guess this'll be my last. I had high hopes after reading the reviews on wirefly...but serves me right for trusting reviews online.

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed. We knew the phone was going to be popular, and we have thousands of phones coming in to our distribution center today and tomorrow and will be able to fulfill all of our orders. If you PM me your order number, I will be happy to check the status for you and see when it will ship.

Let me know if you have any questions that I can assist with.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
i know these devices sold well today...I was at my verizon store about 5 minutes before they opened and there were 2 other guys out there with me... we all waited the Thunderbolt!

I was at the Verizon store close to where I work 20 minutes early yesterday and I was the 6th person in line and there ended up being 12 people in the store for the Thunderbolt before I left at 9:25.

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed. We knew the phone was going to be popular, and we have thousands of phones coming in to our distribution center today and tomorrow and will be able to fulfill all of our orders. If you PM me your order number, I will be happy to check the status for you and see when it will ship.

^ now if that's a real employee that's service!

anon(75289)

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
^ now if that's a real employee that's service!

No kidding! Most customer service departments work like this:
- Try to loose you on the website trying to find their number
- When you find it, they try to loose you by making complicated automated systems
- If you finally get through, they are only sometimes helpfull

It appears that Wireflys CS model is this:
- If you have a problem, we'll find YOU

LOL

qzic

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Wirefly lost me.

No kidding! Most customer service departments work like this:
- Try to loose you on the website trying to find their number
- When you find it, they try to loose you by making complicated automated systems
- If you finally get through, they are only sometimes helpfull

It appears that Wireflys CS model is this:
- If you have a problem, we'll find YOU

My experience with Wirefly is more like the first list. I pre-ordered the TB from wirelfy and then canceled my order to get the TB on a 1-year contract directly from Verizon. Wirefly setup a new account for me with Verizon anyway and now Verizon says if I want to close the canceled accont I will need to pay the ETF.

I tried calling wirefly customer service, but the automated system requires an active order number. When I put in my canceled order number it unhelpfully tells me that order was canceld and then hangs up on me. I called the sales department and spoke to a live person, but the only thing they could do was forward me to the automated customer service system that hangs up on me. I tried the chat system, and at first that wouldn't work either with my canceled order, but I was able to pull a link from my cache that did work and all they could do was point me to the same automated number that hangs up on me.

Is there no way to reach a human in customer service?

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
My experience with Wirefly is more like the first list. I pre-ordered the TB from wirelfy and then canceled my order to get the TB on a 1-year contract directly from Verizon. Wirefly setup a new account for me with Verizon anyway and now Verizon says if I want to close the canceled accont I will need to pay the ETF.

I tried calling wirefly customer service, but the automated system requires an active order number. When I put in my canceled order number it unhelpfully tells me that order was canceld and then hangs up on me. I called the sales department and spoke to a live person, but the only thing they could do was forward me to the automated customer service system that hangs up on me. I tried the chat system, and at first that wouldn't work either with my canceled order, but I was able to pull a link from my cache that did work and all they could do was point me to the same automated number that hangs up on me.

Is there no way to reach a human in customer service?

I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience with us. I would like to resolve this for you, please PM me your order number and I will have a manager call you.

Ripper3785

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I had a less than pleasant with wirefly also, but in a different way. On the day of release, I placed my TB order. The website said the TB was in stock. Next day, my order update says backorder. Website still shows the phone in stock. I get on their chat, explain situation and agent asks me to wait until monday (3 days later). I give the agent a piece of my mind about the website showing in stock but it not actually being in stock. Cancel my order later that day. Next day Letstalk.com is offering the TB for cheaper than amazon, place my order with them and have a mostly pleasant experience. Worked out for me.

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I had a less than pleasant with wirefly also, but in a different way. On the day of release, I placed my TB order. The website said the TB was in stock. Next day, my order update says backorder. Website still shows the phone in stock. I get on their chat, explain situation and agent asks me to wait until monday (3 days later). I give the agent a piece of my mind about the website showing in stock but it not actually being in stock. Cancel my order later that day. Next day Letstalk.com is offering the TB for cheaper than amazon, place my order with them and have a mostly pleasant experience. Worked out for me.

I am sorry to hear that you had this experience with us. We got more phones in that day, and kept shipping phones. I would like to review your order and make sure that our agent you chatted with is coached appropriately. Would you please PM me your order number so I can address your concerns and make sure that our representatives are all coached about issues such as this? I look forward to the PM, and I am sorry that your experience with us was less than what you had wanted.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Hey Wirefly! I have a question, If I was to order my phone with you guys Would I be able to still get Asurion or Black Tie insurance?

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey Wirefly! I have a question, If I was to order my phone with you guys Would I be able to still get Asurion or Black Tie insurance?

Hi INK! Yes, if you purchase your phone through us, you have 30 days to add either device protection or carrier insurance to your phone. Let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you. :)

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi INK! Yes, if you purchase your phone through us, you have 30 days to add either device protection or carrier insurance to your phone. Let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you. :)

Which would you suggest Asurion or Black Tie? And do you personally own a Thunderbolt?

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Which would you suggest Asurion or Black Tie? And do you personally own a Thunderbolt?

I can't make a recommendation regarding insurance, as you will need to decide what you want and which one suits you best.

Yes, I have a Thunderbolt as one of my phones. I personally love it.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't make a recommendation regarding insurance, as you will need to decide what you want and which one suits you best.

Yes, I have a Thunderbolt as one of my phones. I personally love it.

Ah, I cannot wait to get this phone. And Wirefly looks like i'll be buying one off of you guys. That is if you guys do not have a long backlist of others. :D

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I cannot wait to get this phone. And Wirefly looks like i'll be buying one off of you guys. That is if you guys do not have a long backlist of others. :D

We have the Thunderbolt in stock, and plenty of supply. Thanks for considering us for your wireless purchase, and let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you. :)

qzic

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Issue resolved

I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience with us. I would like to resolve this for you, please PM me your order number and I will have a manager call you.

Thank you wirefly. After finally speaking with a human in customer service everyone was very kind and the issue was sorted out quickly.

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you wirefly. After finally speaking with a human in customer service everyone was very kind and the issue was sorted out quickly.

I am glad to hear it was resolved. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance. :)